Shops?

Spread the word.
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

Are there any good RPG shops near Chula Vista, or anywhere in SD?
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

game empire and game towne (their site is down. but here's their info: 3954 Harney Street San Diego, CA 92110 (619) 291-1666 Fax (619) 291-4263 GameTowne@yahoo.com)
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I'm not aware of any in Chula Vista, but you'll need to ask someone that actually lives there. ;)

Mordraine would be a good one to ask.

For me, I usually go to Game Empire, in Clairemont, right off the 805. It's got a decent selection, and the staff is better than most. But then, YMMV.

There's also Game Towne, in Old Town. It's got a better selection, but I've never been fond of the staff there. (If Count Zero is still lurking here, I don't think I ever went when you were working, or my opinion might have been different).

There's also one in Mira Mesa, the name of which escapes me at the moment. Haven't had a chance to go there yet, but I'm looking forward to it. It's right of the 15 on Mira Mesa Blvd.

Theres also Do or Dice. Not sure where their physical location is, but their website is http://www.doordice.com. It's got a great selection, and delivery is quick and painless. :)

That's it off the top of my head. Anyone else?

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

There is also a place on the corner of Balboa and Clairemont next to the Albertsons... actually, its been a long time since I visited it as I normally go to GE or GT.

I agree with Blanch Prez a 100% on the two stores though. I normally go to GE first and if I can't find it I go to GT.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]There is also a place on the corner of Balboa and Clairemont next to the Albertsons... actually, its been a long time since I visited it as I normally go to GE or GT.[/quote]

That was/is a comic store. Not sure if it's still there. I think it was Comic Gallery or Comic Castle or one of those small chains.

In Chula Vista there are no RPG stores (although there *are* a few comic book stores). There used to be a WotC store in Plaza Bonita, but we all know how that went. I usually go to Game Empire, which is only a few miles from my place of employment. Do or Dice is a small store but they give 15% discounts on everything they sell (and as mentioned, have a great online store too). They are located 7101 University Avenue in La Mesa.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mataglap
Starship Mechanic

Post by mataglap »

There's also a not-quite a game store just of Clairmont Mesa at the 15, looks like a place to play card gams and D&D, but I think they sell a few books.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

I like Game Town better, actually. It doesn't smell bad. I've actually walked into Game Empire and had to leave.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mataglap"]There's also a not-quite a game store just of Clairmont Mesa at the 15, looks like a place to play card gams and D&amp]

Oh, I think you may be talking about Artifects, which is more of a comic book shop nowadays, although it used to deal exclusively in Magic cards. That's at Mira Mesa Blvd and 15
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="Neuro"]I like Game Town better, actually. It doesn't smell bad. I've actually walked into Game Empire and had to leave.[/quote]

Mere smell will not keep me away from my [i]Sacred Gaming Supplies!![/i]

jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

man, "artifex" and "comic castle". that takes me back. also, there's a place in pb called "name of the game" that i think had game supplies. don't quote me on that though. i haven't been there in ages and they might have changed a few things, that is if the shop is still there.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]man, "artifex" and "comic castle". that takes me back. also, there's a place in pb called "name of the game" that i think had game supplies. don't quote me on that though. i haven't been there in ages and they might have changed a few things, that is if the shop is still there.[/quote]

If you are talking about the one on Garnet it closed a few months ago. It was a crap store anyway and hardly carried any product. It was amazing that the place stayed open as long as it did.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mataglap
Starship Mechanic

Post by mataglap »

[quote="mordraine"][quote:25a2deb62a="mataglap"]There's also a not-quite a game store just of Clairmont Mesa at the 15, looks like a place to play card gams and D&amp]

Oh, I think you may be talking about Artifects, which is more of a comic book shop nowadays, although it used to deal exclusively in Magic cards. That's at Mira Mesa Blvd and 15[/quote:25a2deb62a]

Well I'm positive that there was/is something at Clairmont Mesa & I-15, (in addition to the computer game place), though the name Artifects does sound familiar.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I don't remember there being anything by the Albertsons. I could always double check tonight on the way to Game Empire. But there is comic store on the other end of Balboa, near the 5. It's got a surprisingly decent selection of RPG's for a comic store. Comic Galery, I belive.

Chris
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="BlanchPrez"]I don't remember there being anything by the Albertsons. I could always double check tonight on the way to Game Empire. But there is comic store on the other end of Balboa, near the 5. It's got a surprisingly decent selection of RPG's for a comic store. Comic Galery, I belive.

Chris[/quote]

The one I was talking about is near the 5. And yeah, I think it is a comic shop with a decent selection of RPGs. It's been almost two years since I went there so....

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="cczernia"]The one I was talking about is near the 5. And yeah, I think it is a comic shop with a decent selection of RPGs. It's been almost two years since I went there so....[/quote]

Yeah, if this is the place your thinking of, it's got a great selection for a comic store. Better than most, and if they don't have it, I'm sure they could order it.

Chris

Old Gamer From the Sea
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Old Gamer From the Sea »

New store in North County

http://www.pairadicegames.com/

Have not been there? Has anyone and is it worth the drive to check it out?
"Welcome to the land of the living. Now pick up a shovel and start digging." - Army of Darkness
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="mataglap"]Well I'm positive that there was/is something at Clairmont Mesa &amp]

Quite possible that there *was* something at CMB and 15, but I'm pretty sure there's nothing there now. That's right down the road from where I work, so I would've been all over it.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Old Gamer From the Sea"]New store in North County

[url]http://www.pairadicegames.com/[/url]

Have not been there? Has anyone and is it worth the drive to check it out?[/quote]

ohhhhh... they have forums.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

OMG . . . for a city and area with the amount of people we have . . . I thought there would be more stores. But I just guess I'll have to go one of these days and check these out.

My wife who Roleplays online on AOL . . . yah . . . I know . . . don't get me started about that . . . laid her eyes on the D&D 3.5 Dungeon Masters Book . . . and I think I may have finally talked her into trying table top.

Only problem is I work every night from 11-7. Any open games?
Kuld
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Kuld »

Don't forget that Do or Dice gives a 20% discount for military personnel.

AWESOME!
"The trolls may have my life indeed, when I can no more redden keen Laufi. Then you may carry the destroyer of the mailcoat's wand into the howe, without delay." -Bersi the Dueller.