OT: that's fucked up!

Completely off-topic.
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

OT: that's fucked up!

Post by Drew »

So I was catching up on the Daily Show this weekend and Jon Stewart was talking about Ben Stein's reaction to the IMF guy jailed on rape charges. Ben Stein was under the false impression that Economists didn't commit rape so Jon listed off several prominent economists (well, as well known as economists can be) who have been convicted of some sort of sexual assault and one of them was the step-father of my first serious girlfriend more than 20 years ago. We ran away together as teenagers. Now I wonder if there was something she didn't tell me...
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

...since she ran away with you I would assume the answer is YES...just saying:peep:
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Drew »

Maybe, but we did return four years later and he was very helpful with getting me into college. He was the chair of the econ department and had some influence he was able to use to get me in and a decent financial aid package that I couldn't have done on my own. He even loaned me money to pay off some debts I had which I worked off while I was in school. Once I was doing some work on their house over spring break and he and his wife were supposedly off on vacation but I found them naked on the living room floor.

Just bizarre that I heard about him from Jon Stewart.
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Well i'm glad you were able to benefit from his generosity. Finding him on living room floor...akward.