The lengths of RPGnet moderation...

Completely off-topic.
mordraine

The lengths of RPGnet moderation...

Post by mordraine »

So today I was perusing this thread on RPGnet re: RPGs using the Pacific Northwest a lot, and I came across this post, which I thought of as innocuous and maybe a tad amusing:
a guy called Fearless Leader in a thread on RPGnet wrote:It rains here. A lot. Good for vampires and all sorts of other basement dwellers, like RPG writers.
OK, no biggie. It didn't even register in my brain much except a slight "heh."

So then later in the thread I see this:
a guy called zomben in a thread on RPGnet wrote:
Fearless Leader wrote:It rains here. A lot. Good for vampires and all sorts of other basement dwellers, like RPG writers.
Reported.
And I thought, "The fuck?! What is he reporting? Seriously? OK, whatever. The mods will surely ignore such an overly sensitive user."

But I was wrong. Cuz a few posts later I saw this:
a moderator called Sethra007 in a thread on RPGnet wrote:
Fearless Leader wrote:It rains here. A lot. Good for vampires and all sorts of other basement dwellers, like RPG writers.
You mean like the RPG writers that frequent our boards? And that we welcome here, and want to come here so we can talk to them about their products?

Don't make group attacks against RPG writers, please.
Jeezus.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

mordraine wrote:
And I thought, "The fuck?! What is he reporting? Seriously? OK, whatever. The mods will surely ignore such an overly sensitive user."

But I was wrong. Cuz a few posts later I saw this:

Jeezus.
I know. The vampires are going to be offended, too, and they just get ignored.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

*sigh* rpg.net is good for a larf now and again. the mods over there... let's just say some of them have an inflated sense of self-importance. they are the law.
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

Reported.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

jimmy corrigan wrote:*sigh* rpg.net is good for a larf now and again. the mods over there... let's just say some of them have an inflated sense of self-importance. they are the law.
And the other thing, which I find more alarming, is the whole sense of the user base acting like over-zealous tattle-tales. It's like they're citizens of a communist regime telling the government when a neighbor wears Levis jeans. Who'd want to post ANYTHING over there with that kind of bullshit?
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

HATE CRIME!!!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

mordraine wrote:And the other thing, which I find more alarming, is the whole sense of the user base acting like over-zealous tattle-tales.
Reported.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Sadohara wrote:Reported.
Please don't report other users' posts. How would you like it if someone reported your posts?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

please do not type in red. consider yourself warned. two more warnings and you will get a full desagilation.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

jimmy corrigan wrote:please do not type in red. consider yourself warned. two more warnings and you will get a full desagilation.
You know as well as I do that only supervisors are allowed to post in purple. So now this is going to happen: I don't want to do this, but you force my hand. You're censured.
Mike Olson
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Sadohara wrote:Reported.
I like how you deleted your previous "Reported" post so that you could use it later in the thread.
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

It was too obvious too early. I had to wait for something reportable.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

That's it. This thread is locked. Consider yourselves on Double Secret Probation.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos