Austin Bound

Completely off-topic.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Austin Bound

Post by Count Zero »

I have managed to do the one thing I promised my wife wouldn't happen. I got a job in Texas. I just accepted an offer with KingsIsle Entertainment to work on a new kids MMO they are developing. So, as of Jan 4th, I will be in Austin. I may be in Texas, but I hear Austin as great. So I plan on never going North, South, East, or West of the Austin city limits. I have been advised by other California transplants that I have a good plan.

So, if any of you are ever in Austin, then please let me know. We can hang out.

Later,

Jonathan
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

i too hear austin's cool. good luck and congrats, jonathan!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Austin has to be good. It hosts SXSW and Austin City Limits.

Good luck with the job! That's good news.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

eh, I'm sure the rest of the state is fine if you wear a cowboy hat, eat BBQ and steer clear of politics. Good luck on the new gig man!
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Congrats...It is liberal texas from what I hear:cheers:
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Awesome. MMO for kids sounds like fun.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

That's awesome. Austin is, like, the Tulsa of Texas.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="cczernia"]Awesome. MMO for kids sounds like fun.[/quote]

The goal is to reach the Candyland of Cczernia

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Skyman"]The goal is to reach the Candyland of Cczernia[/quote]

"In accordance with Megan's Law, I should probably -- oh, never mind."

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

First, congrats on the job. In this economy, it's always good news.

Secondly, accept my sincerest condolences for having to make the move to the most ass-holery state in the Union. Yes, I said it. I've been stuck in SE Texas for over a year now, and it sucks giant, purple donkey dicks. Everything you've ever heard about Texas (and Texans) is true, only more terrifying.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

This might be true but I have heard Austin referred to as the jewel in the cowpatty. I have both a cousin and old gamer friend who love it there and it is also the home of Steve Jackson Games.

[quote="Dragonkin"]First, congrats on the job. In this economy, it's always good news.

Secondly, accept my sincerest condolences for having to make the move to the most ass-holery state in the Union. Yes, I said it. I've been stuck in SE Texas for over a year now, and it sucks giant, purple donkey dicks. Everything you've ever heard about Texas (and Texans) is true, only more terrifying.[/quote]

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="cczernia"]This might be true but I have heard Austin referred to as the jewel in the cowpatty. I have both a cousin and old gamer friend who love it there and it is also the home of Steve Jackson Games.[/quote]

I have heard pretty much the same thing. Everyone says, "Oh God! Not Texas, but hey its Austin. That place is awesome."

A friend of mine got hired at the same company, and made a trip out to Dallas to see a Cowboys game. I tried to warn him what being in that area is like. He said it was worse than I had told him. It made him double think taking the job until I explained that Austin isn't Texas. Its like someone grabbed a chunk of California and dropped it into Texas.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]"In accordance with Megan's Law, I should probably -- oh, never mind."[/quote]

Oh yeah...don't forget the glitter