The Death of a Superman

Completely off-topic.
Gotetsu
Rogue AI

Post by Gotetsu »

A sad day for many. :(

Christopher Reeve
"Don't do that! I peed a little." - Cthulhu after Infernus made an impressive Intimidate roll.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That is sad news indeed :cry:
Jake
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Jake »

That’s really too bad. The project I’m currently working on is trying to develop a diagnosis tool to help identify what kind of bug patients with sepsis (the system wide blood infection that killed him) are infected with. There’s some real nasty stuff out there recently. A lot of antibiotic resistant bacteria that no one would have ever expected to see not too long ago. This is another issue that’s being completely ignored. It’s a shame that he fought so hard only to be taken down by something like this.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

And on the same day, Padre great Ken Caminiti died as well. Don't know how many of you are baseball fans, but I'm a huge one. Both deaths shocked me yesterday, but especially Cammi's. He was only 41.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Shame about Christopher Reeve.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Sepsis was his kryptonite.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

In the coming weeks, four Christopher Reeves will appear in the city, each claiming to be the true Christopher Reeve.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

[quote="mordraine"]And on the same day, Padre great Ken Caminiti died as well. Don't know how many of you are baseball fans, but I'm a huge one. Both deaths shocked me yesterday, but especially Cammi's. He was only 41.[/quote]

Christopher Reeve is a bummer, but Caminiti more so. He took us to the series. Later he had the balls to tell sports illustrated about the widespread steroid use in baseball. But hard living took it's toll. RIP.

Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Cthulhu"]In the coming weeks, four Christopher Reeves will appear in the city, each claiming to be the true Christopher Reeve.[/quote]
Nice.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
BreakfastOfChampions

That was pretty choice, and obscure enough for me to have to think where it came from.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="BreakfastOfChampions"]That was pretty choice, and obscure enough for me to have to think where it came from.[/quote]
What, my kryptonite reference? Yes, people frequently forget that Christopher Reeve, early in his career, actually played Superman. I just love trotting out esoteric bits of film trivia like that!

Mike Olson
BreakfastOfChampions

No, the fact that superman was vulnerable to kryptonite. You and your obscure references!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Lowly Uhlan"][quote:f2ec87e383="mordraine"]And on the same day, Padre great Ken Caminiti died as well. Don't know how many of you are baseball fans, but I'm a huge one. Both deaths shocked me yesterday, but especially Cammi's. He was only 41.[/quote]

Christopher Reeve is a bummer, but Caminiti more so. He took us to the series. Later he had the balls to tell sports illustrated about the widespread steroid use in baseball. But hard living took it's toll. RIP.[/quote:f2ec87e383]

Wow, that's sucks as well. I liked him when he played for the Pods

smartmonkey
Dessicated Mummy

Post by smartmonkey »

Bah. I'm still bitter about him ditching us.

Rodney Dangerfield, Christopher Reeve, Caminiti... bah, maybe the Pope will be next. :-P
Email: Morgangilbert01 @ gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/people/Morgan_Gilbert/577987881

"If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable."