Uggh

Post by Skyman »

I don't know if my heart has enough tears to shed for this news

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_ ... ongo_women
Shin Kenshiro
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by Shin Kenshiro »

[quote="Skyman"]I don't know if my heart has enough tears to shed for this news

[url]http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070730/ap_on_re_eu/un_congo_women[/url][/quote]

My god.....

Would nuking that area be considered mercy? Sweet Jesus, some of the things in that article are just beyond comprehension. Seriously, I don't think that area will ever stabilize itself without a complete and permanent occupation by a very stern military force.

To know me is to fear me, to fear me is to be human
Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

Why is this in debate? Anyone who approves of this type of thing needs to be removed from the gene pool!

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Shin Kenshiro"] a complete and permanent occupation by a very stern military force.....[b]that wont fuck the people over, literally[/b][/quote]

Sorry I just had to add that for my own sanity

Dragonkin, I really didn't feel SPAM did this justice either...because I would expect this news would provoke a rise from folks IMHO. I could be wrong but not having a moral pulse can only go so far

Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

[quote="Skyman"]Sorry I just had to add that for my own sanity

Dragonkin, I really didn't feel SPAM did this justice either...because I would expect this news would provoke a rise from folks IMHO. I could be wrong but not having a moral pulse can only go so far[/quote]

Oh, I definitely agree with you there. Maybe we should add a new sub-forum . . . something like WTF?!?!?!

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

And people wonder why I say having some sort of social moral compass (no matter how existentially absurd the choice or establishment of one is) is important? It's the only way we can legitimately show outrage at such horrors.
Just in case anyone wants to watch me run something.

I'll have you know I've been doing this since I was six.
Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Scolopendra"]And people wonder why I say having some sort of social moral compass (no matter how existentially absurd the choice or establishment of one is) is important? It's the only way we can legitimately show outrage at such horrors.[/quote]

There are some scientists that are starting to argue that "morality" is actually an evolutionary development that made it possible for humans to succeed. If that is the case, the only thing we need to do is figure out why we fail to follow that natural moral compass. Maybe there are situations that trigger its failure.

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.