What Advice would you give her?

Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I think I agree with Ask Lynn. Any relationship is about balance, and she's completely right that it's good to have hobbies that are separate from your SO. As long as your not ALWAYS separate.

Also... if this guy is ditching his insurance payments to buy Warhammer stuff... I'd say he has a serious problem.

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Having your own hobbies, good.
Having your own separate hobby, perfectly fine.
Fucking up joint finances? Grounds for immediate dumping.
Doing things that indicate he can't hold down a job because of his obsessions? Dump him.
Just never, ever fucking there? Dump him.

If they were married, I'd feel differently. I'd suggest a therapist. I'd suggest they get help to communicate these issues and try to change behaviors.

But this is that test drive before making a commitment to someone for life and I think I'd go find something with slightly fewer problems to try to live with for the rest of my life.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

[quote="Neuro"]Having your own hobbies, good.

Having your own separate hobby, perfectly fine.

Fucking up joint finances? Grounds for immediate dumping.

Doing things that indicate he can't hold down a job because of his obsessions? Dump him.

Just never, ever fucking there? Dump him.

If they were married, I'd feel differently. I'd suggest a therapist. I'd suggest they get help to communicate these issues and try to change behaviors.

But this is that test drive before making a commitment to someone for life and I think I'd go find something with slightly fewer problems to try to live with for the rest of my life.[/quote]

While I don't disagree with any of this, I also think that this woman needs to let this man know that she is having an issue with all of this before simply dumping him.

Chris

Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!