Nuke an unborn gay whale... for Jesus!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Bart Shooting

Post by Skyman »

ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

I am glad they finally are bringing him to justice. From the videos, it is obviously murder. And the fact that he plead the 5th and then ran to another state makes me sure that he is guilty.

It took too long, but not long enough that it was retarded. And I am glad for that. Still, if they brought him in for questioning the day after and his response was to lawyer up and plead the 5th, they probably should have arrested him then. That's not really an appropriate response.

As a final note, Obama promised me things would change! But they're the same!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="ekomega"]

As a final note, Obama promised me things would change! But they're the same![/quote]

Yeah...probably because Bush is on his last legs

[url=http://change.gov/]CHange[/url]

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Yeah... it was pretty nutty up here in the Bay Area. Both protests ended with riots. Ironically, both nights I was in Oakland playing Mordheim while they were smashing car windows. Luckily my car never got smashed. I got really lucky the second night when every car on the side of the street my car was on got the windshield and rear window bashed out except mine. I have no idea why mine was skipped, but I am not about to complain. Needless to say, I am staying away from Oakland until things calm down a bit, and when I do go down there, I will make sure there isn't a protest in Oakland.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Glad your ok
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

My girlfriend says there is another protest tomorrow. Also glad that Count Zero's car wasn't vandalized.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

[quote="ekomega"] Still, if they brought him in for questioning the day after and his response was to lawyer up and plead the 5th, they probably should have arrested him then. That's not really an appropriate response.
[/quote]

They weren't going to lose him. Even in the case of video, we aren't supposed to treat people as guilty before they're tried and convicted. The investigation had to move forward. The right to not self-incriminate is important to all of us and shouldn't be used as an admission of guilt - it is precisely /not/ that.

"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson