Rest in Peice Robert Jordan

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Rest in Peace Robert Jordan

Post by Drew »

In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
Dragonkin

Post by Dragonkin »

Okay, first off, I'm not a Robert Jordan fan. That said, I feel sorry for his friends and family. I also feel sorry for the literary world, as Jordan was nothing if not prolific.

Now, the evil goblin in me cannot help but laugh uproariously at all the devoted "Wheelites" who will now never know how the series ends!

RIP, Mr. Jordan. Your contributions to fantasy literature alone make you note-worthy.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

[quote="Dragonkin"]Now, the evil goblin in me cannot help but laugh uproariously at all the devoted "Wheelites" who will now never know how the series ends![/quote]

What?! You think his children won't dig his corpse up every time they release a book "based of his notes", just like Herberts kids have done? Wheel of Time is far from gone... there is still money to be made. :lol:

Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Dragonkin

Post by Dragonkin »

[quote="Count Zero"]What?! You think his children won't dig his corpse up every time they release a book "based of his notes", just like Herberts kids have done? Wheel of Time is far from gone... there is still money to be made. :lol:[/quote]

Oh, no doubt. But much like the [i]Dune[/i] novels, nothing that comes out will ever truly be canon, unless the individual reader makes it so. Either way, my evil goblin gets to laugh.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Drew

Post by Drew »

Well, I was kind of hoping he'd get to finish it. Been reading it since book 1! Now it's more of an addiction than anything. He's never been that good of a writer. A pretty decent storyteller though. That's my experience with many fantasy writers: great story, bad writing (if you understand what I mean, you might have been an English major!)
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Well, I was going to read that Wheel of Time series, but now that it's unsupported, forget it.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Shoby187 »

My understanding is that RJ pretty much knew that he wasn't going to get to finish that last book and so he's made arrangements for someone else to finish it.
Illuman23
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by Illuman23 »

Ugh. I gave up on Wheel of time somewhere around book 4. It was taking so long between books, that I'd have forgotten what had happend before. I thought, "I'll just read them when he's done". Well hopefully the story will get finished up now.
lu lu lu I've got some apples
lu lu lu You've got some too
lu lu lu Let's make some applesauce
Take off our clothes and lu lu lu
--Butters

<FNORD>