Soliciting input and freelance worldbuilding ideas!

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Metal Thunder Dragon
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Metal Thunder Dragon »

Over the many years of playing I and a couple friends of mine have had the opportunity to create a quite interesting campaign setting. This setting was set in AD&D 2. With the advent of 3E, and the loss of my gaming partners interest in the setting, I have begun cerversion to 3E.

I have many basic outlines of things like orders, areas, governments, locations, and objects, however I would like some original content ideas for items, prestige classes, locations, artifacts, ect.

Anyone who wishes to contribute to this effort will be given full credit in the final version.

There is already over 50 pages of content, not including the book of gods, and the book of orders (each about 20 pages themselves)

I have a couple of things I would like help with, one is giving you the name of an order, item, location, ect. and having a nice detailed background story, or current status information created. The second would just be any cool content or idea that you have always wanted to see in a setting, and provide a description of it, or background.

Also, of course any good story is welcome :)

Below is a quick excerpt fromt he introduction to the campaign setting to help set the mood of the setting:

[quote] Drak is a World where most things are not as they seem. Some ages ago, there was a great calamity that struck Drak, and it is now in its second Golden Age. Drak is an unusual World, in that while many governments and territories exist, Dragons are seen as the Ultimate rulers of the land. All Dragons are treated as Deities in their own right. Many of the Dragons control land outright, as if they were Kings. Only the truly foolish openly oppose a Dragon. Some people resent the Dragon influences, and work to further the cause of removing Dragons from actually controlling the land.

Drak is made up of 4 continents, 1 sub continent, and one large island chain. The two hemispheres are aware of things in their own hemisphere, but not across hemispheres. In other words, Ardonelle, Ablonga and Kursk are aware of each other, but none of them are aware of Aukshul. Notheim or Trimare (except perhaps as legend or vague rumor)

The majority of Governments on Drak are Feudalistic Monarchies, Though there are some exceptions.

Money system

Titanium Piece = 50 Adamantium

Adamantium Piece = 10 Pewter

Pewter Piece = 10 Electrum Pieces

Electrum Piece = 10 Nickel Pieces

Nickel Piece = Nickel Piece
[/quote]

In any case, expect more content to come forth as the system is converted to 3E. Drak is a very unusual setting in many respects, and is a challenge to even the most seasoned player.

Thanks in advance for anyone who wants to help.

BTW, I project the bulk of the system will be converted to 3E by the end of June, and at that time I will begin a campaign in this setting. Gaming will most likely be at Game Empire, but schedule had yet to be determined.

Metal Thunder Dragon
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Good luck with your setting. I'd offer to help, but fantasy world-building turns me into a gibbering mess. I tried to build one for a Fantasy Hero game, did 20 pages of background, realized I had 20 more to do (not counting Hero system writeups), and well, started gibbering and foaming at the mouth.

Now if were set in a interstellar confederation experiencing cybernetic civil war...
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BreakfastOfChampions

Post by BreakfastOfChampions »

Yeah good luck on the project. My games tend to be more character than world based, so that means I tend to detail as much world as necessary to make it interesting for the characters.

Sounds like a cool project though, there's a lot of creative people here, so I'm sure you'll get lots of good help.