Robotech - The New Enemy (my adventure idea)

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
DevJannz
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by DevJannz »

Here is the background for the adventure I am putting together. Let me know what you think.

"10,000 years ago the Tyrolian Empire became locked in a deadly war with a small group of invaders from another galaxy. The invaders were known as the Mechanoids. In the beginning the of the conflict, the Mechanoids seemed to overwhelm the Tyrolians with their ferocity and insane hatred of humanoid lifeforms. It was only through the discovery of Protoculture by the Tyrolian scientist, Zor, and the creation of the Zentraedi Military Force, that the Tyrolians (now calling themselves the Robotech Masters) were able to defeat this fearsome foe.

Soon after the war with the Mechanoids had ended a new conflict began. The race called the Invid (from whom the secrets of Protoculture were stolen) attacked the Robotech Masters in retaliation for the destruction of their homeworld, Optera. The conflict with the Mechanoids was quickly forgotten. When a research facility that housed some of the captured Mechanoids was attacked by the Invid, and the personnel forced to flee, one scientist stayed to make sure that the captured specimens did not escape. To insure that none of the Mechanoids escaped capture, they were kept unconcious and placed in stasis in the deepest levels of the facility and all records of their existance were wiped out for fear that someone would attempt to use them and their technology against the Masters. The facility has remained abandoned all this time waiting for the return of the Robotech Masters.

Now a group of REF Military Personnel have come to the remote outpost in response to a distress call appearently sent by a Tyrolian vessel. What the team sent in to invetgate will find when they get there is to be seen"