Best Gaming of 2011

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
cczernia

Best Gaming of 2011

Post by cczernia »

So, what was everyones' best purchased game and game/campaign of 2011.

Here are mine:
- Best Book: There weren't too many games that came out this year that I got real excited about (especially compared to last year). I would have to say Airship Pirates for a fun read and look and Kerberos Club for best rules. Also, props to V20 for being a beautiful book.

- Best oneshot: Hard choice between Smallship Troopers (Starship Troopers using Smallville) and Lacuna. I will have to go with Lacuna because in four hours the GM managed to run two missions and he really immersed the players. I actually felt paranoid during the game.

- Best campaign: Dresden Files which is actually a series of oneshots that are connected with rotating characters. I also had a ton of fun in a Scion game using Strange Fate.

Also, honorable mention to a Heavy Gear game on Google Hangout which has been a great campaign and learning experience.

Overall, 2011 has been a great year for roleplaying. Can't wait until 2012.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Re: Best Gaming of 2011

Post by Skyman »

Here is mine

Best book: Kerberos Club (FATE)

Best One Shot: Cthulhu Dark

Best Campaign: Dresden Files or Dying Suns
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

YOU GUYS

Best Campaign: By default, it has to be my irregular RC D&D game of Keep on the Borderlands, because it's the only campaign-like game I've played in 2011. However, it's also a lot of fun, so it's a legit candidate.

Best One-Shot: Man, I dunno. I can't remember them all.

Best New Discovery: Dungeon World, probably. I will be playing and running the shit out of it at OrcCon.

Best New Game Accessory: DungeonMorph Dice. Can't wait to do something with them.

Best Gaming-Related Christmas Gift: Rolemaster 2nd Edition boxed set. OMG I wish I could sucker some people into playing that with me.

Best Convention I'd Never Been To Before: GenCon.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I know i'm late to this party, but I'm going to post anyway.

I didn't get in a lot of gaming this year (hardly any at all, in fact, something I'm hoping to correct in 2012).

But, I do still have a few games I can talk about here.

Best Book: Fiasco. I realize this didn't come out in 2011, but I only discovered it this year, and so it gets my vote.

Best Campaign: I only had one, and it only ran long enough for char gen and one session, but it was still fun, so I chose my Hackmaster Basic campaign.

Best Event: As always, this will be Hyphen-Con. My biggest gaming event of the year, and just a ton of fun in general.

-Chris