Gateway!

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Anarchangel
One-Armed Skeleton

Gateway!

Post by Anarchangel »

Who's coming up?
What are you running?

I'm planning on offering Hollowpoint in the Saturday evening slot as a Barcon warm up, and I'll also run Dungeon World and Monster of the Week over the weekend. I usually like to offer something in the Friday 2pm slot and I don't mind morning slots, but I'm quite keen to fit my games in around other games I want to play. Since I always seem to be running things at the same time as you guys (and that Mike Olsen guy!), I ask you, San Diegans, what are you all planning?

I'm also talking about this on Story Games, so comment wherever you like!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Looking forward to some Gateway. I plan on running some Jaws of the Six Serpents and Airship Pirates.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Anarchangel
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Anarchangel »

cczernia wrote:Looking forward to some Gateway. I plan on running some Jaws of the Six Serpents and Airship Pirates.
Ooo, I gots t'play some Airship Pirates! Any idea which session you'll be running that in?
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I just assumed I'd pick up something at GenCon that I'd feel compelled to run at Gateway, but I'm not sure that's happened. A lot of the stuff I got isn't especially new, and while The One Ring and Dungeon World are both technically new I'm uncertain about one of them (The One Ring) and not sure the other really feels all that "new" (Dungeon World). And Barbarians of the Aftermath looks cool, but I feel like if I'm going to run a post-apoc scenario, I should really just do it with Leftovers. So I dunno.

Worse, that's, like, all I have to go on. I don't have any particular idea or gimmick or concept that makes me laugh or anything -- I don't know what I'd do with whatever I'd run, which is always irritating to me.

Worse still, there are going to be a lot of cool games on the schedule that I won't want to miss, which makes it difficult to find time to run two games in the first place.

So I'm thinking I won't worry about most of that and just playtest By The Gods!, my sword-and-sorcery hack of Icons that isn't all that Icons-ish anymore. I've been excited about the way it's been developing, so I may as well give it a shot and see if it has the legs I think it does.

As for the other slot, if I run Dungeon World I can probably do the same basic plot in both games, which would be convenient. But I think The One Ring's more likely to put butts in the seats.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

pirate island AFMBE i think. maybe sun morn so i can play more awesome stuff
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I am running:

Lady Silver Age Avengers Bird.

Figure THAT out.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

I'll be running some Cthulhu Dark, not sure on the specifics yet.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Thanks to my compulsive page-refreshing yesterday at noon, I was able to get into everything I wanted at Gateway. My schedule looks like this:

Friday
2: Dangers & Dragons
8: Nothing! (Running my RC D&D game)

Saturday
9: Dungeon World
2: By The Gods!
8: Hollowpoint

Sunday
9: Dungeon World
2: Lady Silver Age Avengers Bird
8: Bulldogs!
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

devlin1 wrote:Thanks to my compulsive page-refreshing yesterday at noon, I was able to get into everything I wanted at Gateway.
Awesome. I take it this means you will not be joining us for Red Robin. My Schedule:

Saturday:
9am Airship Pirates - running
2pm The Mountain Witch
8pm Hollowpoint

Sunday:
9am Trail of Cthulhu
2pm Jaws of the Six Serpents - running
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

cczernia wrote:I take it this means you will not be joining us for Red Robin.
Sadly, no, but I brought this on myself -- I told Colin I wanted to play in Bulldogs!, and he scheduled it in what would be an open slot for me, so... I took it.

BTW, I'd like to check out A&P and J6S too, but I need to play another DW game before I run it, and Andy's been talking up his Avengers game too much for me not to get in on that.
Mike Olson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, so who all's going to this thing? I figure the regulars will; I'm mostly asking because I'm hoping that BlanchPrez raises his hand.
Mike Olson
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, sadly, it appears that I will not be able to make it this time. Too much other stuff going other stuff going on this month. Sorry gang. :(

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!