DGS: RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse: Sunday March 27th

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

DGS: RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse: Sunday March 27th

Post by Drumheller »

Greetings all,

Hello San Diego friends, it was good seeing many of you at Strategicon: OrcCon a couple of weeks ago.

I'd like to annouce and invite you to the Dead Gamers Society RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse Games in Fullerton on Sunday, March 27th.

As a refresher, every quarter, the DGS organizes a one day micro RPG con at DiceHouse Games. Roughly 7 to 8 different games are run that day, in two shifts, (shift 1- 10:30am to 2:30pm & shift 2- 3:00pm to 7:00pm).

The theme of this event is historical RPG or RPG's set in a historial setting.

If you are interesting in running a game, we'd like to have all the games lined up by the end of the upcoming weekend. Post what game you'd like to run, with a few sentences about the game and what shift you'd like.

Next Monday (3-7), we'll post the events and make them available for RSVP'ing.

-Louis

PS-I know the famous Hyphen-Con is the following weekend in April, I know this event, the weekend before, might make it tough on your schedules.
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Hello San Diego RPG Gamers

This our official annoucement, you are all welcome to come on up.

The DGS RPG Rendezvous at DiceHouse returns.

The RPG Rendezvous is a micro RPG convention that takes place on one day at DiceHouse Games, where we run a series of one shot RPG's for your gaming enjoyment.

The theme for the 2011 Winter (very later Winter we know) RPG Rendezvous is historial settings and games.

When you RSVP, please note which game you'd like to play in your RSVP comments section. You can RSVP at the DGS Meetup site at http://www.meetup.com/Dead-Gamers-Society/

The games are...

11:00am to 3:00pm

Changeling the Lost: Victorian Era. GM'd by Sarah Cary
The thin veneer of Victorian society peels back to reveal a fairytale landscape steeped in danger and darkness. As members of the Society for the Continuing Defense of Great Britian, you are called upon to protect your fellow Englishmen from the ever-encroaching Arcadia. So come out and play, Little Lost One. The wilds are calling. Pre-gen character sheets to by provided. 6 players.

Dogs in the Vineyard. GM'd by Nicole
A game set in the "old West that never was". Players are "God's Watchdogs" (Dogs), who travel from town to town delivering mail, helping out the community and enforcing the judgments of the True Faith of the King of Life. Dogs have absolute authority within the Faith, but not within the laws of the Territorial Authority, and so their actions can lead to conflict with the government in the East. Pre-Gens provided for 6 players

Vampire the Requiem: Treachery In the Court of the Night Dragon Shogunate. GM'd by Mike Cantin
Feudal Japan-by day the Daimyo and their Samurai wage war in silken courts and bloody battle field. By night the Undying Ancestors do the same in the shadows, manuevering among the elite and showcasing their honor, skill and inhuman prowess. The Daimyo Oni Harakuri has called his most trusted servants to him, suspicious of treachery. One among them wishes him dead. This is no surprise as he truly is an inhuman monster seeking to dominate his followers and crush his enimes without pity or remorse. He has heard the talk. Better to keep your enemies close to hear their poisoned tongues.... You shall be one of these followers. You may even be the traitor. Welcome to the Night Dragon Shogunate. A Vampire: The Requiem game for 6 honorable players

3:30 pm to 7:30pm

Unknown Armies: The Spanish Inquisition. GM'd by Jeff Pederson
Take the bizarre and mysterious world of the Unknown Armies RPG, add in the oppressive events of the Spanish Inquisition and you get a game that is sure to bend your mind, make you uncomfortable and be on hell of a fun ride. Pre-gen characters sheets to be provided. 6 players.

Werewolf the Forsaken: Rhone Island. GM'd by Tim Johnston
A werewolf tribe sets up on the Rhone Island colony in early America, they escaped Europe to establish themselves in the New World, yet The Pure watch and wait, ready to attack. Take a stand with the Uratha and fight. Pre-gens characters sheets to be provided. 6 players.

Adventure! GM's by Ian Christenshere
When last we left our heroes, they had been captured by the evil Dr. Nefarious who has been robbing the world of ancient treasures as part of his dasterdly and mysterious plan. He left them dangling over the edge of a volcano somewhere in the dark jungles of South America. Will our heroes twart the plans of Dr. Neferious? Will they survive the volcano? Tune in next time to find out in the next exciting issue of ADVENTURE! Pre-gens provided. 6 playes.

Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Also, just a note, the next RPG Rendezvous after this one will be in June and the theme will be undead.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Just RSVPed for some Changeling and Adventure! :2guns:
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

It's Dogs and Adventure! for me.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

If I can make it, I'd Dogs and Adventure! too. We'll see. Maybe just the first block.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I would like to RSVP: Changeling first session and Adventure second.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Drumheller
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Drumheller »

Thank you to all who came up for the RPG Rendezvous today, it was good to see you.

See you at Hyphon Con next weekend.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Yep -- good times! I only got to play in the morning Dogs game, but it was fun. Looking forward to next weekend.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Good times. I thought the Unknown Armies game was especially awesome.
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Had loads of fun in both the Changeling and Adventure! games. Hope to see some of you guys at the Hyph.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Cthulhu wrote:Good times. I thought the Unknown Armies game was especially awesome.
Always a blast to head up to Dicehouse for a day of gaming but I have to agree with John. The UA game was amazing.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup