Local playtest sessions - old-school RPG

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
goodmangames

Local playtest sessions - old-school RPG

Post by goodmangames »

Hi everyone,

I will be starting a short campaign over the next few months to playtest the Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game. DCC RPG uses a stripped-down version of 3E rules to achieve a game that has modern design sense with an old-school feel. You can find more information here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/5070preview.html

I'm recruiting local players who may be interested. We'll probably meet once every week or two for 4-6 months. If this strikes you as something you'd like to participate in, please drop me a line at joseph@goodman-games.com!

Thanks,
Joseph
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Man, I wish I could make these -- I was bummed I didn't get to playtest it at DiceHouse back in October.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I playtested in Oct at DiceHouse! Yay!

I'm also interested in this, but I'd have to find out the when and where.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
goodmangames

Post by goodmangames »

The sessions will be in San Diego...which may be a bit of a drive if you were at the Dicehouse games. But if you can make it down here, drop me a line and we can talk some more!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

goodmangames wrote:The sessions will be in San Diego...which may be a bit of a drive if you were at the Dicehouse games. But if you can make it down here, drop me a line and we can talk some more!
Actually the long drive was me going up to DiceHouse. I live in San Diego. I'll PM you then.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

goodmangames wrote:The sessions will be in San Diego...which may be a bit of a drive if you were at the Dicehouse games. But if you can make it down here, drop me a line and we can talk some more!
I'm the only* sucker on here who doesn't live in San Diego. The location oughtta be pretty convenient for any of these other knuckleheads.

If you're still going in March, and you're playtesting on weekends, and it's on a day and at a time when I can make it down there... I'll try to make it down there.

*Well... the only such sucker who posts here regularly.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

I'd be interested as well, depending on timing. I was also at the Dicehause playtest but live in SD/North County.

I'll shoot you an email.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
joela

DCC RPG to be at Kingdom Con in SD

Post by joela »

The next SoCal playtest is at Kingdom Con, April 17, 1:00 in San Diego. Full details on their web site:

http://www.kingdom-con.com/events