Got a new Cottage with garage for gaming!

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Drew
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Got a new Cottage with garage for gaming!

Post by Drew »

Julie and I just bought a little cottage on Alabama Street. We absolutely love it! Anyway, it's got a garage I'm going to turn into a gaming room and get back into gaming once we get fully settled and after the holidays. I'm thinking about hosting a once a month gathering if anyone would be interested.
In an infinite universe anything is not only possible, it's inevitable.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Did you say monthly, you tempting bastard? Depending on the specifics, i could be down for this.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Drew

Post by Drew »

dnd3eplayer wrote:Did you say monthly, you tempting bastard? Depending on the specifics, i could be down for this.
Yep. that's about all I have time for really. Too busy working on animations. Actually just started messing around with Game Maker 8 to make some interactive animations... but that's neither here nor there.

I figure if I get a few more people interested I'll put up a poll to see what and when we'd like to play first..
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Very cool. What do you plan on running?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I may also be interested in this. What are our options for games?

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

sounds tempting...indeed
Drew

Post by Drew »

I haven't thought about any games to run yet. I'm open to suggestions. I'm not so versed into the independent games as some of you are. Most of what I have are the "top 40" of games as it were: shadowrun, world of darkness, dnd, cyberpunk 2020, palladium (et al) and the like. But I'm more than willing to buy and learn some of the smaller systems if that's what will attract more players. :)
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

hm.. what about Alternity?
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Drew

Post by Drew »

Well, my plan is to present you all with a few choices for a scenario and let you decide by a poll. Then we'll discuss which system will work for the scenario.

The first two scenarios are:

Vampires vs. Zombies: The Inquisition won and have destroyed all but a few vampires which they keep as prisoners. But when a zombie plague all but destroys humanity, the very monsters they hunted to near extinction may be their only hope. (the obvious choice here would be Vampire but I'm not opposed to discussing other systems).

Twilight Brigade: In one year, amateur astronomers discover a cosmic black cloud that will engulf the solar system in about six months. Doomsayers, as doomsayers are prone to do called it the end of the world. And after the first night in the cloud, much of humanity was ready to agree. The cloud shuts down all electrical systems, internal combustion engines and modern fire arms. The only thing that seems to work is steam power. But that really doesn't bother anyone since it also makes 98% of the people fall into a coma-like sleep. But when the sun comes up, everything is normal. The Twilight Brigade are people who are not effected by the cloud and are paid lots of money to go around and collect people who may have missed "curfew" and bring them to safety. (does anyone know a good steam-punk system?)
Drew

Post by Drew »

Oh, and I'd like to record the games and use them as scripts for animations -- not us playing the game but what happens in the game will be the script and what your character says will be the dialog.