Legends of Anglerre

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Legends of Anglerre

Post by Uber_snotling »

Devlin,

I just saw your name on the Legends of Anglerre book. Congrats!

Do you happen to know if the hard copy is available yet? Or is it still just the PDF bundle pre-order deal?
Cthulhu

Post by Cthulhu »

Cool,

You wouldn't happen to be related Mile Olsen, the guy who worked on Starblazers?
No Nyarlathotep, No Chaos
Know Nyarlathotep, Know Chaos
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Uber_snotling"]Devlin,

I just saw your name on the Legends of Anglerre book. Congrats!

Do you happen to know if the hard copy is available yet? Or is it still just the PDF bundle pre-order deal?[/quote]

Thanks! I didn't expect to get my name on the cover, but there it is. I'm having to actually [i]read[/i] the thing now, thanks to this stuff I'm doing for the next book in the line.

Hard copy is supposed to be available sometime this month. I have a hard time saying that with a straight face, though; the original ETA for the hard copy was December of last year.

[quote="Cthulhu"]Cool,

You wouldn't happen to be related Mile Olsen, the guy who worked on Starblazers?[/quote]

He is my brother.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

congrats indeed, mike! doing something you love and getting paid to do it is the shit. rock on, brother.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]doing something you love and getting paid to do it is the shit. [/quote]
There's just... man. So many smart-ass things to say here! I'll just stick to the facts: I haven't been paid yet.

But yeah, that's nitpicking, in a way. I'm not blind to how great it is to be paid to write gaming stuff. And the freelancing thing is picking up. By next year's GenCon, counting [i]Leftovers[/i], there should be four RPG books out with my name on them, which is... [i]bizarre[/i].

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]By next year's GenCon, counting [i]Leftovers[/i], there should be four RPG books out with my name on them, which is... [i]bizarre[/i].[/quote]that is so effing cool! go get 'em.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="devlin1"]There's just... man. So many smart-ass things to say here! I'll just stick to the facts: I haven't been paid yet.

But yeah, that's nitpicking, in a way. I'm not blind to how great it is to be paid to write gaming stuff. And the freelancing thing is picking up. By next year's GenCon, counting [i]Leftovers[/i], there should be four RPG books out with my name on them, which is... [i]bizarre[/i].[/quote]

Double plus good

Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

Gotta admit Mike. I am pretty jealous. There really is no excuse for why I have never finished the stuff I am working on.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.