Favorite rpg adventure of 2009

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
cczernia

Favorite rpg adventure of 2009

Post by cczernia »

So, I'm interested in what everyones favorite games they played in adventure(s) were for 2009?

Mine was Primetime Adventures (a game where the rules use concepts from Primetime TV) where we created and played the TV show Eclesia, a show about the war between angels and demons set at a high school (similar to Buffy the Vampire Slayer).

My favorite oneshot was Song of Ice and Fire where I took the pregens that came with the startup adventure and tweaked them as an heir to a major throne. For some reason this game worked a lot better as a oneshot than a campaign but I was to try a similar style game again only using a different rule set.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

a little late on this thread, but my favorite games i played in '09 was a co-gm'd star wars campaign and the aforementioned prime adventures: ecclesia. i also had a great time running star trek: the ends and the means, and plan on continuing to have a great time running it in '010.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I can't pick favorites. They are all my children.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]i also had a great time running star trek: the ends and the means, and plan on continuing to have a great time running it in '010.[/quote]

I think by 2011, you're really gonna have that thing down cold.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Sven's D&D political game was my favorite. Hands down. Just fun and engaging. Complications that were more than the basic I throwing a harder NPC at you. Where the game play was equal to the intensity of the roleplay
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Skyman"]Sven's D&D political game was my favorite. Hands down. Just fun and engaging. Complications that were more than the basic I throwing a harder NPC at you. Where the game play was equal to the intensity of the roleplay[/quote]

That was a cool game but it was in 08. This years similar games were Pathfinder Planescape and Song of Ice and Fire. :mrgreen:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="cczernia"]That was a cool game but it was in 08. This years similar games were Pathfinder Planescape and Song of Ice and Fire. :mrgreen:[/quote]

But that is how bad azz it was Chris ...eh...alright then...Star Wars with JC

If Star Wars was in '08 then NWoW Ghost game or Song of Ice and Fire. I liked being a floozy nature child and the tourny knight with one hand. I was upset and happy and thrilled and a munchkin in that game. So i ran the gamut of emotional ranges within a single game. Si I can't be displeased

I liked the first half of the Planescape and I liked how my guy had his eyes gauged out it was cool. Second half was eh...because i was GM

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="Skyman"]
If Star Wars was in '08 then NWoW Ghost game or Song of Ice and Fire. I liked being a floozy nature child and the tourny knight with one hand. I was upset and happy and thrilled and a munchkin in that game. So i ran the gamut of emotional ranges within a single game. Si I can't be displeased

I liked the first half of the Planescape and I liked how my guy had his eyes gauged out it was cool. Second half was eh...because i was GM[/quote]

Actually, the first adventure you ran was my favorite... probably because it was all about me. :razz:

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="mordraine"]I can't pick favorites. They are all my children.[/quote]

true 'dat. true 'dat.

**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Count Zero
Wild-Eyed Mad Scientist

Post by Count Zero »

I played in a really great Burning Empires one-shot at Endgame in Oakland.
Whenever I get confused about D&D alignment morality, I just imagine Abraham Lincoln and Mahatma Ghandi arm wrestling shirtless on the back of a killer whale.

In other words, I remember that it doesn't really make a whole lot of sense and deal with it best I can.
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

I'm a giving my award to Cthulhu's Deadlands action. Hot and cold running horror with all the kinetic violence of a Peckinpah flick.