Condor: RPGs

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
cczernia

Condor: RPGs

Post by cczernia »

Condor is going to be Feb 26-28. I'm looking for GMs for rpgs and boardgames. If you are interested please PM me with this information:

Name of Game:
Game System:
Day:
Time:
Length:
Number of Players:
Experience of Players:

Note: Basic four hour time slots look like this: 9-1, 2-6, 7:30-11:30. If you run 48 players hours you get in free (two game with 6 players for 4 hours).

If you have any questions please PM me or post them here.

More information on Condor can be found here:http://www.condorcon.org/events/gaming.html
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

NINE OCLOCK IS TO EARLY !! IF YOU PROGARM GAMES THAT EARLY YOU WONT GET PLAYERS !! YOU WILL KILL THE MORRNING TIMESLOT !!!

Sorry -- Strategicon flashback.

If I can do this, I'll totally run something. But right now, I have no idea.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]NINE OCLOCK IS TO EARLY !! IF YOU PROGARM GAMES THAT EARLY YOU WONT GET PLAYERS !! YOU WILL KILL THE MORRNING TIMESLOT !!!

Sorry -- Strategicon flashback.

If I can do this, I'll [i]totally[/i] run something. But right now, I have no idea.[/quote]

Awww... memories. And just like Strategicon it is the RPGA who dictates the timeslots.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="cczernia"]Awww... memories. And just like Strategicon it is the RPGA who dictates the timeslots.[/quote]

Well, in the case of Strategicon, the RPGA had its timeslots, and Mike Fryer decided to line up two of the non-RPGA timeslots with them to encourage cross-pollination. I don't think the RPGA can really have any say over when a non-RPGA or organized-play game starts and stops, but it's good to keep them aligned for the same reason.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="cczernia"]Condor is going to be Feb 26-28. I'm looking for GMs for rpgs and boardgames. If you are interested please PM me with this information:

Name of Game:

Game System:

Day:

Time:

Length:

Number of Players:

Experience of Players:

Note: Basic four hour time slots look like this: 9-1, 2-6, 7:30-11:30. If you run 48 players hours you get in free (two game with 6 players for 4 hours).

If you have any questions please PM me or post them here.

More information on Condor can be found here:[url]http://www.condorcon.org/events/gaming.html[/url][/quote]

Is that the weekend directly following OrcCon?

**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
mcellis
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by mcellis »

No Orccon/Strategicon is on Feb 12-15 Presidents day weekend, so there is almost two whole weeks and a whole weekend between the two.
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

Well good - that is probably more convenient. Not that i wouldn't have considered going to both anyhow.
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Cool. It doesn't conflict with Wonder Con this year. I am so going.

Hmm. What to run? I've got one shots for All Flesh Must Be Eaten, Dark Sun with C&C, Deadlands classic, Witchcraft, Unknown Armies, and 3.5 Eberron. I also got the new Deadlands board game: Battle for Slaughter Gulch.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I mentioned this last night IRL, but I think I will go and run my Weird War II adventure.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I mentioned this last night IRL, but I think I will go and run my Weird War II adventure.[/quote]

Nice!

(By that, I mean that you could set it in Nice.)

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

Name of Game: Talisman 4th Edition
Day: Saturday 2/27
Time: 2:00pm - 6:00pm
Length: 4 hrs.
Number of Players: 6
Experience of Players: Beginner - Advanced

Name of Game: Star Trek: The Ends and the Means
Game System: Decipher CODA
Day: Saturday 2/27
Time: 7:30pm - 11:30pm
Length: 4 hrs.
Number of Players: 6
Experience of Players: Beginner - Advanced
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]Name of Game: Star Trek: The Ends and the Means[/quote]
Yeah! Bust that shit out again!

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Yeah! Bust that shit out again![/quote]that shit has about a million more miles on it, based on the time i've put into it.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]that shit has about a million more miles on it, based on the time i've put into it.[/quote]

Exactly. Milk it.

Still don't know if I'm going to be able to run something at Condor... when's the deadline to register again?

Mike Olson
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="devlin1"]
Still don't know if I'm going to be able to run something at Condor... when's the deadline to register again?[/quote]

No real deadline giving this is the first time I'm doing this and there is no pregreg. I would say by the time Orccon rolls around.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

If I can get my shit together by then, maybe I'll run that Star Wars droid freedom-fighters game Andy and I were talking about a few weeks ago. The PCs are part of the Droid Liberation Army, a galaxy-wide guerrilla organization committed to freeing droids from the yoke of the oppressor's restraining bolt. The one-shot would be about hitting a droid factory, taking out the meatbags, and reprogramming the central computer to make all the droids independent.

Star Wars: Kill All Humans!
Mike Olson
mcellis
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by mcellis »

So does anyone have any crash space available for an out of towner for Condor? I've been thinking that my February convention schedule looked a little light and it might be fun to try to get two conventions in in one month. Though I probably wouldn't have too much in the way of new gameage run if most of you are coming to Orccon, but I do have a pretty fun back catalog of games I could run.

So Have Games, Will Travel, Need Crash Space.

Morgan.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

pretty awesome con, cczernia! props for putting the gaming program together. here's the breakdown for those who couldn't make it:

no one showed for my talisman game-- boo!

but, i got to play in a goodman games playtest; a treatment of 3.x d&d modified to feel like d&d basic (think microlite20 if was geared towards grognardy dungeon crawls). a blast! run by none other than joseph goodman himself-- yay!!

three people showed up to my star trek rpg game. deaddogg and his wife (who incidentally were excellent pc's!) were there among them-- yay!!

i had a great time. would definitely go again, and i wish i wasn't working tomorrow. i heartily recommend it for those who can't make it out to the cons outside san diego.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]
but, i got to play in a goodman games playtest; a treatment of 3.x d&d modified to feel like d&d basic (think microlite20 if was geared towards grognardy dungeon crawls). a blast! run by none other than joseph goodman himself-- yay!![/quote]

Huh! I want to hear more about this one. Sounds interesting.

[quote]three people showed up to my star trek rpg game. deaddogg and his wife (who incidentally were excellent pc's!) were there among them-- yay!![/quote]

Yay, running that game again!

Mike Olson
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

[quote="devlin1"]Huh! I want to hear more about this one. Sounds interesting.[/quote]hopefully he'll come to hyphen-con (chris and i invited him) and you can ask him about it yourself.
[quote="devlin1"]Yay, running that game again![/quote]yay!

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="jimmy corrigan"]hopefully he'll come to hyphen-con (chris and i invited him) and you can ask him about it yourself.[/quote]
Ha! That'd be awesome. A guest of honor! Could this be the biggest Hyphen-Con yet?

Mike Olson