kingdom-con

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).
Old Gamer From the Sea
One-Armed Skeleton

kingdom-con

Post by Old Gamer From the Sea »

Hey there.

Just stumbled on this today and I'm not sure if anyone knows about it or if it is going to happen? http://www.kingdom-con.com/ April 16-18, 2010. It's about time SD got a gaming con again.
"Welcome to the land of the living. Now pick up a shovel and start digging." - Army of Darkness
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Awesome. With that and Hyphen-Con, I may actually get to more than one con in 2010. :)

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Cool to hear from ya
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

WTF is this and how come this is the first we've heard of it?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Most awesome. I can't wait. Hopefully, this won't damage Hypen Con
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mrlost"]Hopefully, this won't damage Hypen Con[/quote]
I don't think it will. Hyphen-Con is essentially a glorified "Let's get together at my place and play some games" -- we don't

publicize it or make any real effort to grow it all that much. Don't get me wrong: Seeing two or three new faces every year is good, but it's hardly on the level of this thing.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

My interest is peaked on Kingdom-Con. It might be worth moving Hyphen-Con a month or two later and spread these things out.
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

[quote="cczernia"]My interest is peaked on Kingdom-Con. It might be worth moving Hyphen-Con a month or two later and spread these things out.[/quote]

So how does this impact your dastardly plan to transform ConDor into a gaming con?

cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mrlost"]So how does this impact your dastardly plan to transform ConDor into a gaming con?[/quote]

I never planned on turning Condor into a gaming con. Ultimately, my plan was do get enough interest in gaming at Condor to do a spin off con and eventually have a full gaming con.

I'm hoping that kingdom-con creates enough interest to have legs after their first event. Of course they haven't really been doing a good job of making themselves known as this is the first any of us have heard of it. Also, it doesn't help that all their volunteer pages are dead.

Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
Old Gamer From the Sea
One-Armed Skeleton

I received a response from Kingdom-Con yesterday. The Con is still a go and hopefully they will get the web site updated soon.

I was asked what games I would like to run and how many people do I think would show up for them. I thought instead of just giving him my info I would ask how many of you would like to GM, Volunteer or purchase a con pass. Maybe this will get the ball rolling.
"Welcome to the land of the living. Now pick up a shovel and start digging." - Army of Darkness
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'm interested in helping out by either running games or Volunteering. Either way the do need to update their site and probably post on these boards.
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

If they do the con I'll definitely go, and probably run a couple of things (what I dont' know - we're awfully far out still for me to know that).
**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

I, too, am interested in running a game or to, and/or volunteer my time to helping this Con be a success.

-Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

*raises hand*

I'l run something for sure.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

I'd be willing to volunteer, maybe run something, or just buy a pass.
Sadohara
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Sadohara »

Despite my fears, I, too would be willing to run something or attend.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

anymore word on this? the main page still seems to be in a gestative state.

in any case, i think i'd be interested in running something.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

There've been fliers at DiceHouse up in Fullerton, so someone connected with this has made some attempt at marketing it.
Mike Olson
Old Gamer From the Sea
One-Armed Skeleton

Sorry folks.

Never got an answer from the Con Director(Ross Thompson).
Arcaine

Post by Arcaine »

Ross who is the organizer for this con is also the Privateer Pressganger for Game Empire he runs their Warmachine and Hordes game events.

I have spoken with him in regards to the con and what would be offered. The last time I spoke with him the con will be miniature gaming and card games. He did not think he would have room for an RPG section.

I should see Ross this coming weekend and will speak with him again about trying to add in an RPG section. I will let you know what he says.

Thought I would chime in on what I knew.

Arcaine (Shawn)

http://www.FGSNC.com
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

thanks for the update, arcaine!
SpaceMonkey
Killer Robot

Post by SpaceMonkey »

[quote="Arcaine"]Ross who is the organizer for this con is also the Privateer Pressganger for Game Empire he runs their Warmachine and Hordes game events.

I have spoken with him in regards to the con and what would be offered. The last time I spoke with him the con will be miniature gaming and card games. He did not think he would have room for an RPG section.

I should see Ross this coming weekend and will speak with him again about trying to add in an RPG section. I will let you know what he says.

Thought I would chime in on what I knew.

Arcaine (Shawn)

[url=http://www.FGSNC.com]www.FGSNC.com[/url][/quote]

Hey Shawn, long time no see! (dnd3eplayer = sam = that iron kingdoms game you were in for a while in '05)

Hopefully you can persuade him - there is a lot of enthusiasm and talent on these boards, if they want a decent rpg section they could certainly do worse then asking around here.

-sam

**Formerly dnd3eplayer**
Now your humble host. Let me know if you see any board issues.
Arcaine

Post by Arcaine »

Hi Sam,

Nice to hear from you, hope all is well.

I did speak with Ross the con organizer over the weekend. This con is only going to have card, board and miniature games for the most part although there are a few other RPG light games being run.

He aplogizes about the website being useless and is doing his best to get it corrected (he is not the web guy).

This is his first attempt at running and organizing a con so he is learning a lot about it, such as the Roleplayers will unite and injure him if they are not represented in next years con :)

He was unsure of the RP response to a con so he did not prepare enough room for us this year. He will ensure we have room next year.

He is sorry and does not want to discourage anyone from attending.

If anyone is interested in volunteering I can track down a personal email for Ross if you would like?

Ross is a good guy who is doing his best to make it a fun con and I believe with his enthusiasm he will not allow it to fail, please be receptive and open to giving it a chance.

Hope to see you all there.

Arcaine
Shawn of the Fanatical Gamers Society

http://www.FGSNC.com
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I guess this isn't something I will be planning on going to