Have you found a game or gamers through this site?

Discussion of all things relating to roleplay (Tabletop and LARP).

Have you found a game or gamers through this site?

Not looking for a game or gamers
76%
24%
No votes

Total votes: 17

Wintermute
Dessicated Mummy

Post by Wintermute »

I've had pretty good success with the site so far, and found 3 different groups with which I regularly play. I'm curious to see how much success the rest of you are having with it.
"The sidhe cell sells sea shells down by the sea shore."
-Mordaine, running a Changeling game
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Yep.Had a guy show up for a Fading Suns game I ran,also showed up for one of my Trek games.He's playing in a couple of different games with some people I know that hooked up through this site's members or through freinds of theirs.It really sucks that I no longer have the time to game with any of them.
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
BlanchPrez
Daring Demonologist

Post by BlanchPrez »

Well, Winter, seeing as how my group is one of the groups you found to play with, I would say, yes. ;)

Chris
Follow my attempt to convert Torg to Savage Worlds!
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

Between this site and Game Fest I have finally found great gaming. I originally played in a group that only played Vampire:tM and was extremely strict (must have characters and detailed background a month before game starts.) This was not my style at all as gaming should be a relatively relaxed activity without strict deadlines IMHO, and though I like WoD and Vampire there is no way I could only play one game. This site helped me a lot having just moved here from NM. Thanks to Mordraine to pointing it out from RPG.net and Lowly Uthan to letting me play in his Fading Suns and Star Trek games and introducing me to some great gamers. :D

Also got to play with:
Count Zero
Lemminwinks
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

*bows to cczernia*

i still have a lot of people from this board i'd like to meet and game with. i've met lemmiwinks and skyman and of course wintermute and his wife neuro.

cczernia, howz your tribe 8 game going? i'm interested in that setting. i've got the 1st ed corebook. how often do you play?
Lowly Uhlan
Wizened Witch

Post by Lowly Uhlan »

Even though my game time is severely curtailed right now I was thinking of developing my "Seven Klingons" idea into a one shot just for the members of these boards.

Or maybe a survival horror one shot using the HERO system.Based on the 3 original Romero "Living Dead" movies,not any of the pale imitations that came afterwards."Twilight of the Dead".Kill zombies and watch civilization crumble while running for your life.Very gritty.

Feedback ?
Conversely, Slayer never did any concerts with Christian rockers, Stryper.

(Kerry King stated:)"I would have been too worried that our fans would have killed their fans...and them."
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="mordraine"]*bows to cczernia*

cczernia, howz your tribe 8 game going? i'm interested in that setting. i've got the 1st ed corebook. how often do you play?[/quote]

Tribe 8 is going well. It is every two weeks. Details can be seen at: [url]http://www.czernopkins.org/tribe8[/url] Hopefully the players will post journal entries similar to the text in the books

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup