Buy / Sell / Trade
mongo

SW's and D&D Minis for sale.

Post by mongo »

Gfys.
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

got any stormtroopers or bounty hunters? how much you want for 'em? or if you play swrpg, i have some star wars adventure journals (short stories, modules, npc's) from west end games.
mongo

Stormtroopers & Bounty Hunters.

Post by mongo »

I have a bunch of Kashyk Troopers, Desert Stormtroopers, Snowtroopers, and Elite Snowtroopers. The uncommons, and commons are a buck each. I don't know the symbol for the Bounty Hunters series, but I could always bring what I have to Game Empire on some Saturday morning. I also have a bunch of Clone Troopers, and Mandalorian Warriors if you're interested. From Mongo ( Mad Douglas )
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

do you want any gaming books as a trade in instead?
mongo

Books?

Post by mongo »

I pretty much only play GURPS now. I have been looking for two GURPS Traveller books for the last six months, though. Let me know if you have GURPS Traveller First In, or GURPS Traveller Behind The Claw. Otherwise I went way overboard this Christmas, and would like to sell off some of my piles of little plastic people. From Mongo ( Mad Douglas )
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

sorry. can't help in that department. the only gurps books i have are:

gurps traveller (main book)
gurps time travel
gurps transhuman space

good luck with your sale.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

I'm interested. How much would you sell the minis for?
constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

[quote="cczernia"]I'm interested. How much would you sell the minis for?[/quote]

[quote="mongo"]The uncommons, and commons are a buck each[/quote]

That was for the Star Wars minis, but I would assume that would hold true for the D&D minis too. 'Course Mongo can tell us himself...

I myself am slightly interested.

Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mongo

D&D plus Star Wars minis

Post by mongo »

The Star Wars commons, and uncommons are $1.00 each, and really (for example) if I haul them to Game Empire some Saturday, and you like eleven, I'll sell them for ten dollars.

The D&D commons and uncommons from Angelfire, WotDQ, War Drums, & Blood Wars are $1.00 each, regardless of size. The older commons and uncommons that I have, from Underdark, Giants of legend, Deathknell, Dragoneye, Archfiends, and Harbinger are $2.00 each. Same thing as above, pick enough minis, and I'll round down the price to an even ' ish number.

I have alot of Rares ( D&D + SWs ) and Very Rares ( SWs only ) from the various sets, so if you are looking for something specific, and don't like Ebay prices with shipping let me know.

I finally figured out how to list some miniatures (D&D) on Ebay, they are all themed "Lots", like all Dwarves, all Orcs, etc. Those items start to pop up tonight, from 5:30pm to 7:15pm, at two every fifteen minutes. I am "mongogrunt" on Ebay, and those items will close next Friday, at the same times they started. If you should happen to bid, and win, just shoot me a message that you're from RPG San Diego, and I'll send an invoice with out the usual shipping costs, IF you want me to bring them to you at Game Empire.

I haven't listed my D&D rares, or any Star Wars minis on Ebay, except for a few D&D minis to "spice up" my D&D lots. If you are after a specific miniature, just ask, and I'll see if I have it. My miniatures are in "screw/nuts & bolt" organizers from Home Depot. So it's not like they're all tossed into a shoebox, or something.

From Mongo ( Mad Douglas )
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

Assuming you still have the SW minis, how much do you value the entire bunch of them were you to sell them all at the same time?

Gary
mongo

Duh, what?

Post by mongo »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]Assuming you still have the SW minis, how much do you value the entire bunch of them were you to sell them all at the same time?

Gary[/quote]

Sorry, I've been away from reality for a bit. Are you asking about ALL of my Star Wars miniatures ( very rares, rares, uncommons, & commons), or just the assorted rabble of uncommons and commons?

I will have to sort through the organizers, and compile a list, since I had been planning on keeping a few of the cooler ( very rare/rare ) Jedi, and Bounty Hunter types.

Were you looking to jump start a collection, or merely feel out a potential business rival? :sly:

I have many duplicates of the rares, and very rares, and never got into the oversized (huge) figures. I had planned on forming lots of some to sell on Ebay, since my last go at Ebay selling went fairly well.

From Mongo (Mongogrunt on Ebay, and Mad Douglas to The North Co. Dungeons and Dragons Meetup Group)

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mongo"]Sorry, I've been away from reality for a bit. Are you asking about ALL of my Star Wars miniatures ( very rares, rares, uncommons, & commons), or just the assorted rabble of uncommons and commons?[/quote]
I'm possibly interested in whatever you've got available. At this point, I'm just wondering as to the size of your collection, and how much you'd be willing to part with it for as a whole. If it's too rich for my tastes, I might otherwise be interested in lots or individual minis.

[quote="mongo"]I will have to sort through the organizers, and compile a list, since I had been planning on keeping a few of the cooler ( very rare/rare ) Jedi, and Bounty Hunter types.

Were you looking to jump start a collection, or merely feel out a potential business rival? :sly: [/quote]

Nah, no competition. I'm merely a SWd20 GM who is looking to bulk out his collection of SW minis. I was asking about them around here a few months back, but no one else was collecting them.

[quote="mongo"]I have many duplicates of the rares, and very rares, and never got into the oversized (huge) figures. I had planned on forming lots of some to sell on Ebay, since my last go at Ebay selling went fairly well.[/quote]
Understood. I don't do Ebay, unfortunately, but we are relatively close (geographically speaking), making the buying and selling portion of any transactions a matter of driving down the 78.

Let me know what you'd be willing to charge, along with a general idea of how many rares/uncommons/commons populate the collection. Email me about it, if you prefer, that's not an issue. If it's too much for me, I'll let you know, or I'll make a counter offer.

Cheers,

Gary

mongo

Okay, sure thing.

Post by mongo »

Let me finish my (real) work today, and write up the list. I'll probably get it posted here after five o'clock tonight. Everything is organized in those screws/nuts & bolts organizers from Home Depot. Do you want a count of each specific mini, or a general quantitative summary of very rares, rares, uncommons, and commons? From Mongo.:biggrin:
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mongo"]Let me finish my (real) work today, and write up the list. I'll probably get it posted here after five o'clock tonight. Everything is organized in those screws/nuts & bolts organizers from Home Depot. Do you want a count of each specific mini, or a general quantitative summary of very rares, rares, uncommons, and commons? From Mongo.:biggrin:[/quote]
A general count would probably be fine, along with notes concerning specific minis of interest. Be as detailed as you like, I certainly won't complain.

mongo

To sell all at once.

Post by mongo »

[quote="Barrier Peaks"]Assuming you still have the SW minis, how much do you value the entire bunch of them were you to sell them all at the same time?

Gary[/quote]

Heres the total for all that I have "right now"; (275) Uncommons/ Commons, and (146) Very Rares/ Rares. With recent ( not yet delivered Ebay activity ), I am expecting about (70) more Uncommons/ Commons, and about (8) more Very Rares/ Rares within the next week, to two weeks. I have both of the Boba Fett's, and both of the Jango Fett's ( the adults ), plus multiple forms of the famous Jedi. Namely Gui Gonn Jin's, Mace Windu's, Obi Wan Kenobi's, Luke Skywalkers, Ayla Secura, the Solo "family", Quinlan Vos, two Yoda poses, and a horde of "named jedi". Plus the assorted Emporer Palpitane's, Dath Vader's, Anakin's ( good & bad ), Dooku's, two Darth Maul poses, Darth's Bane, Nihlus, Malak, Tyranus, and Exar Kune's.

So if I tried to Ebay everything ( over several weeks ), I would try to get an average of $1.50 a Common/ Uncommon, and an average of $10.00 a Rare/ Very Rare. So with just what I have "on hand", that would be just under $1900.00, if the bidding went well. That would have to be "augmented/ supplemented" for "shipping and handling" charges, if I Ebay'd it all.

Maybe you would like to pick and choose? Unless you want two each of all the jedi figures. I basically confined my interest of Rares/ Very Rares to what/ who I recognized. I never heard of Aurra Singh, and seeing how much she was going for on Ebay, I figured I could skip her. Let me know if this helps, or just scares you off.

From Mongo

Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

[quote="mongo"]So with just what I have "on hand", that would be just under $1900.00, if the bidding went well. That would have to be "augmented/ supplemented" for "shipping and handling" charges, if I Ebay'd it all.[/quote]
Hot damn.

Well, when someone says they have a large collection, it's all relative. In your case, though, "large" doesn't even begin to cover it. In other words, that's a lot of plastic crack you've got there. You'd definitely be better off doing the Ebay thing.

My trouble, more or less, is that I don't play the minis game. I just use them for RPing. The value of a particular figure to me depends on how often I'll use it on the battlemat, not in the rarity and/or abilities it has in the minis game.

Let me go over what I have and what I'd like to get more of (mostly commons and uncommons anyway, I'm sure). I'll drop you a line. Thanks for taking the time to go over your collection.

Gary