Friday Night Group Looking for Players/Hosts

Seeking players or a GM?
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Friday Night Group Looking for Players/Hosts

Post by Shoby187 »

We have a Friday night gaming group that meets once a week and is going to have room for one or two more players very soon. One of our GM's is leaving which will leave us with 3 or 4 people. Curently we have been switching playing at a place in Poway and another but with the loss of our current GM we'll have to move to once or twice a month as the host in Poway cannot host every week.

I myself am planning on moving sometime within the next month or two and will hopefully be able to host as needed once that happens (as long as I can find a place with suitable space to use). It would be great if we could find another Player/GM or two that wouldn't mind hosting when possible.

Having said all that I'd say we are mostly a GURPS Group (at least we've played GURPS in the past and I think that's what we'll play once the current GM moves away). Right now we are playing Glorantha Runequest (3rd edition). I think once the current GM leaves in August we'll be open to other types of game. I am more then willing to run GURPS once he leaves, either 3e or 4e.

We're mostly in our late 20's early 30's. All but one of us are married with children.

If you have any questions feel free to email me at Erik.Holmes@gmail.com
mongo

Hello Snaps.

Post by mongo »

I thought it might have been you, but I wasn't sure. I responded to your SJ Games thread, but you already know half of what I mentioned there.

Feel freee to drop me a PM, or what ever, if you guys get going more with GURPS, and/or move further North.

Happy gaming, from Mongo / Mad Douglas. :smash:
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

I've been meaning to get into a nice GURPS 4E game, and I'd prefer if someone else could run it since I honestly don't know the system that well. I can host in Mira Mesa on a weekly basis, but I only have five chairs, so that might be a problem.
Shoby187
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Shoby187 »

I don't mind running at all and there is another guy in the group who runs as well.

Right now we are trying to finish a Runequest game before the guy running it has to move (which I think will be in august). Would you be interested in joining the runequest game until we start up the GURPS one? Its been pretty fun so far and its actually pretty similar to GURPS anyway.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

Where in Poway is it? My mobility is somewhat limited after 8 PM (which is most of the reason why I prefer to host).
Santanus

Post by Santanus »

I live in Mira Mesa as well and have been looking for some gamers that I could hook up with. Could you send me an email with the next time you are getting together so I can check it out? Unfortunatly it won't be this Friday for me.. (taking fam to see the fireworks)

Oh, haha, I have little to no experience with RPG except when I was a kid a long, long time ago. :P I do play many RPG video games, including a mud that I have been apart of for over 2 years. I'm a quick learner as well, with some decent imagination. :mrgreen:

Chris
Spaccone

Gurps?

Post by Spaccone »

Friday's I can do. I can probably even host for 4-8 people (though my books have overtaken my living room to a fair extent). I'm fairly experienced with GURPS having played medieval, fantasy, old west, cyberpunk, and space opera campaigns. I'm in La Mesa.
Let me know if you're still looking, GURPS is one of my favorite systems.

Spaconne