New to SD

Seeking players or a GM?
Prince0DC

New to SD

Post by Prince0DC »

Hello, I'm a gamer transplanted to the San Diego area temporarily. I'd love to get my gaming fix and at least find the local gaming store. I'm in La Jolla but I've been to the San Diego downtown, so let me know where the gamers go and maybe I'll see you there.

Dave from Boston
Cross_

Post by Cross_ »

Try meetup.com to find local game groups.
The two game stores in San Diego are
Game Empire between I-805 and I-163 (http://www.gamempire.com ) and GameTowne in Old Town.
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

Hi and welcome to sunny (where the hell is my sun and who ate it?! We better get it back tomorrow) San Diego. If you're here temporarily, I recommend watching the one-shots board. If this semester doesn't suck too badly, I'm planning a few one shots over the next few months.

Game Towne is nice if you happen to be down at Old Town doing whatever. Game Empire is a little more centrally located. There's a bar a few doors down where they don't even look at you funny if you happen to be playing Call of Cthu... don't make me spell that.
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
Prince0DC

Post by Prince0DC »

Thanks to Cross_ and Neuro for the reccomendations; I was just getting ready to head over to Game Empire and maybe I'll try Game Towne when I get into SD downtown.

Feel free to get in touch, I'm here until Sept 14th with a break to go home for a "geek weeekend" with my regular gaming buddies over Labor Day.

Dave from Boston