Not Just New, But Adaptable! Pweeese give me a chance...

Seeking players or a GM?
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Not Just New, But Adaptable! Pweeese give me a chance...

Post by Scolopendra »

Hi all,

I recently moved here to the local area and am looking for a few good* gamers. I'm not particularly picky about who GMs or who plays, and I'm not particularly picky about what gets played. Fact is, I'm looking to socialize and, hey, this qualifies. Please be assured that my rather reckless and swaggart tone in this post is just a way for me to get information across without taking excessive amounts of time on loquacious diplomatic phraseology. I've only been here for about a month and a half, and my furniture still isn't here, so I'm afraid I won't be hosting. I'm sure we can figure out places to meet and times and all that, though.

* "Good" being defined as "easygoing and friendly." I can deal with powergamers but the hanging out is the more important thing.

On the roleplaying side of things, I've been almost literally born and bred for pretending to be someone I'm not. I'm a second-generation gamer and have played and ran all of the games listed below; some (like the old FASA Star Trek system) since I was six. While I've more or less avoided d20 I'm willing to learn.
  • Shadowrun (3rd and 4th Ed.)
  • Mechwarrior (3rd Ed.)
  • PARANOIA XP
  • White Wolf (old WoD system)
  • WEG Star Wars (D6)
  • FASA Star Trek (Percentile)
  • Maybe one experimental DnD game ten years ago
Concerning tabletop wargames, I must insist people without senses of humor or with the strange need to absolutely demolish everything in their path need not apply. The entire point of the exercise is to have fun, not boost egos. Tabletop and beer'n'pretzels games I've played/am playing now are:
  • Battletech (all editions, I do love me some Battletech)
  • Again, FASA Star Trek Starship Combat Simulator (D10-based)
  • Warhammer 40,000 (2nd Ed.)
  • Starship Troopers
  • ZOMBIES!!!
  • Star Munchkin
  • Naval War
No experience in anything listed above is necessary; I've made my way everywhere else I've moved by teaching people (apparently I'm sort of good at it). Likewise, I pick up things quickly so if you're willing to take in an oddball like me who can be trusted to not metagame or munchkin, well, let me know.

--The Centipede
Just in case anyone wants to watch me run something.

I'll have you know I've been doing this since I was six.
Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

Welcome to the boards, Scolopendra, and may Tymora smile upon your quest to find an acceptable rabble with which to socialize.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

Huzzah, I get smilings. Thanks for the welcome. :)

Proud user of the "Are you sure you want to do that?" Clueless Player Warning System.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome to the site. Please feel free to look around and make yourself comfortable.

Please look at the previous posts on this forum. You might find games getting set up. Also keep an eye out in the One shot section
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Welcome.

And relax.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Alls I can say is, if you hang 'round these forums long enough, you're bound to get into a game. Just be a bit patient, and you'll be rewarded.

Oh, and welcome!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Greetings and salutations.

Best wishes at finding a group, I'm happy with the one I'm in. Though did Cczernia ever find someone for the run D&D for kids at the library thing?

Also know that Comic Con is comming soon, and I have it on good authority there should be some decent gaming this year along with lots of other great stuff.
Scolopendra
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Scolopendra »

[quote="mordraine"]Alls I can say is, if you hang 'round these forums long enough, you're bound to get into a game. Just be a bit patient, and you'll be rewarded.

Oh, and welcome![/quote]

Patience is a virtue and its own reward, or at least so I keep telling myself. I'm poking around a bit to see what I can come up with... by whatever method, it'll only be a matter of time.

devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

Hey, whatever happened to this guy?
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

Well, he was in my gaming group at one point, although that has recently fallen apart.

I'll tell him to go to hyphen-con so he can get his game on.
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Uber_snotling"]Well, he was in my gaming group at one point, although that has recently fallen apart.

I'll tell him to go to hyphen-con so he can get his game on.[/quote]

Yeah, by all means. The more, the more!

Mike Olson