Two players seek game, Mira Mesa - Rancho Bernardo

Seeking players or a GM?
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Two players seek game, Mira Mesa - Rancho Bernardo

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

I guess my old post died away from disuse.

My roommate and I are looking for a weekly game, preferably on Friday nights from 6 to 10/11 or so. We both work around Mira Mesa, and we live in Rancho Bernardo, so somewhere in between would be perfect. Any time on the weekend would also work, minding the fact that we'd need to wake up early on Mondays. We both graduated within the past two years, and are currently employed with "real" jobs, so a group of similar people would be nice, but as long as you don't smell bad then it should be okay.

Personally, I would be up for just about any system. My roommate is fairly new to the whole thing, though, so I'd like to keep it to D&D 3.5 for her sake.

If there's anyone with room for us, feel free to message me here (or on AIM at RynMrshll). If there are enough players out there, I would be willing to run something.

A couple disclaimers about playstyle, since I've noted some incompatabilities in the past:

1) As a GM, I will not compromise the integrity of the world just because the PCs try to defy it. If the party decides to go off toward a point on the map labelled "Here Be Dragones" then it's fair game for you to get eaten by an old wyrm.

Likewise, the one specific piece of magical gear you may be looking for will not coincidentally be in the loot pile of said dragon, just because you killed it; that dragon picked up most of his treasure hundreds of years before you were born, and what loot he may have is well beyond the PCs sphere of influence (barring extreme circumstances). Nor will I deny you what items are there, just because you can use it effectively.

2) As a player, I will not compromise the integrity of my character for the sake of gameplay. If it's in character for my PC to hide from combat, then it's out of my hands as a player unless something happens in-game to change his mind. Likewise, if my character is paranoid about his privacy, and has the resources to keep Mind Blank up indefinitely, he will do so even if it's vital to the "plot" that the bad guy notices him. I will not ignore my armor proficiencies just because it makes me too hard to hit, and the other characters are a lot squishier. (I will ignore my armor proficiencies if I'm asleep, or it becomes too hot out. If you as a GM have a problem with my AC, then find some in game way to deal with it, or veto it before it gets to that point.)

Thanks for reading. I'm sorry for the huge disclaimers, but these are apparently important things that people need to know.
ekomega
Bumpy-Headed Alien

Post by ekomega »

Please check out my thread about an Eberron game I will be starting in August. I'll resurrect it shortly.

I just re-read my own thread, and realized you posted there. Well, if you're still interested. I'm putting up some more info.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

We are interested, yes, especially given the time and location of the meetings. I'm slightly less thrilled with waiting months before we begin.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Anyone else? I'm sure there must be tons of people out there either looking to run a game, or looking for a game to play in, within the next month. Somebody say something.