Rancho Bernardo

Seeking players or a GM?
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Rancho Bernardo

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

I haven't played in a few months, and I'm starting to get that itch again. If anyone in the Rancho Bernardo / Poway / Escondido area is looking for a game of 3.5, I'd be willing to run something.

Of course, I'd prefer to be a player, but beggars can't be choosers.

I graduated college recently, so anyone around my age would be great. Anyone still in school, or on up to 30 or so would be nice. Maturity is a plus.
Dragonkin
Pitchfork Wielding Peasant

Post by Dragonkin »

I'm running a game in El Cajon, but one of my players lives in the Poway area. If you're interested in a 3.5 game set in the Forgotten Realms and don't mind the commute once a week, drop me a line.

Yeah, Zelda's hot, but Samus does that thing with her gun . . . . :naughty::eek:

Wanna know what Colorado gamers think? Check it out!
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

If your friend is making the commute anyway, maybe we can work something out. Hit me up with his/her screen name or email address, and we can see if details mesh.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Well I didn't know you were an age-ist. I take back all the welcoming things I said to you in that other thread.

(kidding)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

I graduated college recently. And my weekly group is all twenty-somethings, trending towards early twenty-somethings. I, however, am not a twenty-something, and yet they never seem to notice.
Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Yeah yeah, I know I could have found a better way to phrase it. It's more the right mindset I'm going for, after all. "Mental age" maybe.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

I'm just pulling your leg of course. But I'm considerably over 30. Considerably. :)
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Neuro
Valorous Knight

Post by Neuro »

And it says /nothing/ about his mental maturity ;)

*ducks*
"I need no mask to speak with you. Unlike my brother. I create my own personality. Personality is my medium."

--Neuromancer, William Gibson
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="mordraine"]I'm just pulling your leg of course. But I'm considerably over 30. Considerably. :)[/quote]
I was also giving you a hard time, and I am also over 30, though not considerably so.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.
mongo

Ever Tried GURPS?

Post by mongo »

I am in my late 30's, and am part of a weekly gaming group, in San Marcos. We meet every Saturday at one member's house, up behind Cal State San Marcos.

We are currently playing in a D&D like world, using the GURPS system. If you are interested in playing, let me know.

We could also use a D&D 3.5 DM, since some of us played that originally, would like to again, but lost our DM, when he moved back south east for a new job.

Either way, we could use new players for GURPS, and/ or a D&D 3.5 DM. All are welcome, since the North County seems to be drying up for players willing to try new things, and for DM's that aren't already involved with their regular groups.

From Mongo.
Pain is temporary, Pride is forever.
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Sounds interesting, Mongo, but I really shot myself in the metaphorical foot when I moved out to Rancho Bernardo; I don't drive, and I live more than a mile from the nearest bus stop.
mongo

Gurps

Post by mongo »

Well that makes it hard to get around.

My friend Monte is my co-GM for GURPS, and I think he found a new player from Rancho Bernardo. He has been in contact with a guy he hooked up with, through the North County D&D Meetup group. Maybe you two could ride together? I'll have to get the particulars from Monte, as I don't know this other RB'er yet.

From Mongo/Mad Douglas ( on the D&D Meetup site )
mongo

Need a ride?

Post by mongo »

Okay, here's the update. We are playing Saturday night at six o'clock pm, and I will be picking up one of our other interested, car less players. He lives in Rancho Bernardo, and I am supposed to get him at five thirty pm.

If you are interested in GURPS Fantasy/ D&D like Roleplaying, this Saturday, and want me to pick you up when I get the other guy, let me know. I drive a big Ford F250 extended cab truck, and there's room four four, easily. Either Private Message me with your address, or E-mail me the needed information.

From Mongo/ Mad Douglas