North County/Escondido game

Seeking players or a GM?
Lady Dragon

North County/Escondido game

Post by Lady Dragon »

Greetings gamers!

I am currently looking for players for my Arthurian inspired campaign. I am hoping to run these weekly on Saturdays, starting around noon. Location will be at my apartment in Escondido.

This is an Arthurian-style game, although the campaign itself will be set a few years before Arthur will pull the sword from the stone. It is ten years since King Uther died outside of Londinium, and Britain is near turmoil without a king to unite it. The home of the future unknown king is under construction and Merlin, the demon wizard, holds a fair near the site in the hopes that the opposed Celtic and Britons that continue their uneasy peace. Christianity is not the only faith on this island, however. This game will also encorporate elements of Norse and Celtic mythology. The whole of Britain is in danger from the hordes of Saxon barbarians called the Storm Raiders, worshippers of the All-Father, also known on this world as the Furor. The elves of this world are powerful and elusive creatures that are not counted among mortal races. Therefore, humans are the only playable race in this campaign, although I have a homebrew elven bloodline race that will also be available. What my game lacks in races it makes up in classes. I am using a soucebook called Legends of Exalibur:Arthurian Adventures. While it does exclude some classes like paladin and monk, it also offers some interesting variants on the bard, cleric, sorcerer, and fighter class. I will also allow the witch class from Quintessential Witch (by Mongoose). This book also uses a nobility system as well as spell points.

If you want to know more, please email me or come to the game. We will roll up characters, which will be 1st level, and I will tell you more about the world. Please note that depending on your character background you will "know" different things about the world that other characters, so I can't give it all away. Also, I can be reached at 760-445-5235.

So, in Summary:

* Arthurian campaign with elements of Christian, Norse, and Celtic mythology
* Saturdays...noon...till whenever
* Limited races, wider selection of classes
* Core books + Legends of Exalibur:Arthurian Adventures + Quintessential Witch + feats from Ultimate Feats and Relics and Rituals:Exalibur (upon approval).
* Starting at 1st level
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Howdy Welcome to the boards here:)

Hope you get some folks connected with your game. Feel free to check out the other posts and inquiry. We're also going to have a meet up next month or so...great way to meet folks and get hooked up

skyman:cheers:
Lady Dragon

Post by Lady Dragon »

[quote="Skyman"]Howdy Welcome to the boards here:)

Hope you get some folks connected with your game. Feel free to check out the other posts and inquiry. We're also going to have a meet up next month or so...great way to meet folks and get hooked up

skyman:cheers:[/quote]

Thanks very much. I'm a member of the North County meetup group and besides having many great weekly meetup games we've have great luck recruiting players for my husbands' Friday game. Unfortunately, we are out an organizer at the moment. Also, I doubt anybody who attends the main San Diego meetup would come all the way up for our games. But heck, maybe I'm wrong ;)

Also, I'd like to add I'm also allowing most of the Complete books. I don't have Complete Scoundrel, but if you are interested, please bring a copy for me to check.

Thanks again.

Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

[quote="Lady Dragon"] Also, I doubt anybody who attends the main San Diego meetup would come all the way up for our games. But heck, maybe I'm wrong ;)

Thanks again.[/quote]

The meet up here is a bit different than the yahoo one....and I think this year it's being held up in Encinitas

mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Welcome to the boards Lady Dragon. Your campaign sounds pretty damn interesting. Wish I wasn't already busy on the weekends! Good luck!
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
Dragonmaster Zoc
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Dragonmaster Zoc »

Greetings,

I am aware that it has been nearly a month since your initial posting, but in my defense I was entirely unaware of this site until just recently.

I was hoping you might still be seeking a player or two, as your campaign idea is somewhat intriguing. Email me back if you want to contact me (I think I have an email link in my profile, if I understand these boards correctly), or else I'm on AIM at RynMrshll.

I hope to hear from you soon.
mordraine

Post by mordraine »

Hey Dragonmaster_Zoc,

Welcome to the boards! Hopefully, if Lady Dragon doesn't happen back to see your post, you'll se other games here. There are one or two others that are scouting for players.
Hey man, I'm slinging volume and fat stacking benjies, you know what I mean? I can't be all about spelling and shit!
devlin1
Adroit Pirate

Post by devlin1 »

[quote="Dragonmaster Zoc"]Greetings,

I am aware that it has been nearly a month since your initial posting, but in my defense I was entirely unaware of this site until just recently.

I was hoping you might still be seeking a player or two, as your campaign idea is somewhat intriguing. Email me back if you want to contact me (I think I have an email link in my profile, if I understand these boards correctly), or else I'm on AIM at RynMrshll.

I hope to hear from you soon.[/quote]

What Mord said. Welcome, and good luck with that.

Mike Olson
‎"In this economy, it's not easy to feed a growing family. So we eat Haunkkah gelt for dinner and look at a picture of broccoli." --Paul F. Tompkins
Spirit of the Blank: A blog.
Roll Some Dice: Another blog.