Seeking another D&D3.5'er for Oceanside

Seeking players or a GM?
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Seeking another D&D3.5'er for Oceanside

Post by Azerack »

Synopsis: In a continent 25 years past the greatest battle of good and evil that has been known to the world, an evil thought banished is plotting her return.

Want in?

Answer these questions? :
Do you like RP games? Can you make it on Fridays around 8pm, playing till about 1am? Are you interested in D&D 3.5 rules and playing a Good-aligned character?

The players so far:
Majestros - A Saintly Monk (Male - Human/Outsider)
Maena - A High Inquisitor for her faith (Female - Gnome)
Khardan - The noble Dwarven Paladin (Male - Dwarf; Currently an NPC since he is my character and I am GM'ing)

While the rules are 3.5, as one of the new GM's, I am letting you know that it's going to have more RP than dungeon crawling. There will be much to do and many various professions called for in the story, ahead. We would like one or two more people to make a suitable party to take on the evil that lies ahead.

Send me a PM or email me at sirvaun@hotmail.com and I can fill you in on what's going on. We really only need one more, but if I get more, we can see what the rest of the group thinks. :)

We meet in Oceanside (my apartment) currently, but there are times where we might also converge in La Jolla (just to warn you).
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

Going back to update stuff to see if I can't drum up some proper interest in the game.

Starting characters are:

Level 15, Good aligned, multiple classes & prestige classes allowed.

Race of player - Open to negotiation, based on good RP background (for the really unusual)

All expansions for the 3.5 rules (and some 3.0) are welcome (I have all the rulebooks available to me)

(Thinking maybe the "old news" scene was scaring people off, so thought I would update this "want ad").

Az.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

What happen did everyone change their minds?
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

Those that were left decided to keep the original characters from the old game, but start in a new world of our own design (okay, mostly mine, but I asked for their help on names of countries and leaders :cool: ).

My character is basically an NPC until one of the others runs a game. Meanwhile we just started this past Friday and the team has learned that a Necromancer apparently has access to a tunnel leading to a dark island where artifacts of great power were being kept after a war that defeated the original evil residing there.

Now they must investigate a cavern filled with zombies and demons and who knows what, to find out where this tunnel is and if they can stop the Necromancer from foraging for any more "goodies" from the island....

We will play most Fridays (this coming Friday, for sure) and are looking for one or two new people to help in the team. Must be willing to RP and play something at least Good aligned, though Neutral and Chaotic are possible (though you will be accompanying a Monk, a Cleric and a Paladin).

We're still looking for someone else to help the team. Rogue, Wizard or anything else, really.

Az.
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

The Story so Far! (a plug for our want ad)

Post by Azerack »

The trio investigated the cavern and found that demons were guarding the entrance (though this was supposed to be an undead hunt..).

An ancient black dragon had been turned into a zombie! A "Blood Gem" of awesome evil power (think of it as an Anti-Magic shell/Protection from Good) was imbedded into its chest. The trio had learned that the bearer of such a gem, if living, would suffer from brain rot and eventually become a zombie if worn for little more than a week! This explained how such a mighty creature had been reduced to such a low state of being. Truly, had it not been a zombie, the party may have had more than they could handle...

A temple, once dedicated to Nerull, a Chaotic-Evil god of death, has a different presence about it, which seems to cut off the faithful from contact with their deities!

Though this was of less concern for the now otherworldly Majestros, it took a little pull-together for Maena and Khardan. Fortunately, the ancient ruins had little left of enemies. In fact, it seemed as though the only enemy had come from outside the temple in search of something inside. The trail led them to a library where a torrid search for information had apparently occurred. One book, most of the pages freshly torn out, revealed that Lady Vaprak, the evil lady of King Zarathos, could be raised; but from the dead or some other prison?

In the last cavernous room investigated, it was discovered that Necrolat, so recently involved in raising the dead for his own purposes, had met an untimely death by demonic hands. He had discovered a tunnel which led, though a magic portal, to the Dark Island, allowing Necrolat, once a student of Lady Vaprak, to access the blood gems, thought secured on the island. His accessing these remains, however, seemed to have alerted the denizens of the island, and possibly one loyal to Lady Vaprak?

In touring the local countryside, a town to the East reported seeing a winged female headed in the direction of an island once controlled by an Ancient Black Dragon named Klalok. In some years up to the final days of King Zarathos, however, there was naught to be seen of the dragon and a small group of blood-red garbed priests had been seen travelling back and forth on the island on moonlit nights.

Could this be a loyal Succubus, intent on bringing about the return of her Lady? What would the demoness require to initiate such a ritual? The group must inquire to missing women, for surely Lady Vaprak would require a host body?

Will they foil the demoness in time? What would the future be for the continent if even the Queen of the Lord of Chaos and Evil were to be returned? :naughty:

(our next game is scheduled for the 22nd; Send me an email or pm if you are interested)
Azerack
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Azerack »

Yay, we found someone who lives in Oceanside to join us.

Thanks to everyone who makes this site possible. :cool:
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Well thats just way COOL:naughty: