mongo

I would like to play again too!

Post by mongo »

Gfys.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Welcome to the boards Mongo!

You might want to check out some of the previous post under yours and maybe send inquiry to some of the GURPs games that have been trying to form.
Plus you may wish to check out the One shot forum and see whats brewing. There might not be a GURP one shot but it's a great way to meet players and GMs without commiting to things

skyman
mongo

I have made an attempt.

Post by mongo »

I checked out the other posts, and that was very helpful, but none of the listed Gurpsers responded. I sent E-Mails, and private messages, but you're the first to reply post. Thanks from Mad Douglas (Mongo).
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

be patient it may take a few for folks to check their mail
mongo

Thanks, I'll be patient.

Post by mongo »

Have you ever checked out " gurps.meetup.com "? I just found out about a BBQ down in the Mission Valley area being hosted by a guy that wants to provide a way for other GURPSers to meet and mingle. Sounds like a good idea to me, ( No psychos showing up on your doorstep ) have you any info about the topic? The BBQ is Saturday at 11:00 am. Thanks from Mad Douglas (Mongo).
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

I haven't heard about that....sounds cool. Tell us how it goes.

If there is any other information let us know?
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

So I took a look and this what I came across for information...I think it's not just for GURP's but other RPG's as well

When:
Saturday, September 16, 2006, 11:00 AM 20060916T180000Z
Where:
Admiral Baker Golf Course
2400 Admiral Baker Rd San Diego, CA
San Diego , CA 92120
619-556-5521
Description:
This will be an opportunity for members to meet and decide what games they want to get involved in. The menu will be burgers, hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches. Feel free to bring a side item like chips, potato salad, etc.

Voluntary payment:
USD5.00 for food/fees.
jimmy corrigan

Post by jimmy corrigan »

cool. if i wasn't in regular groups already i'd totally go to this. it sounds like a great idea.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

UPDate: it just got postponed. So ignore that meeting thing for this weekend.
mrlost
Mustachioed Pugilist

Post by mrlost »

Damn I was thinking about going. I know three groups in San Diego but meeting fellow gamers is always cool. Plus it would only be five bucks.

I'm not that poor.
mongo

To BBQ, or not to BBQ

Post by mongo »

Well we could always contact "Tim" the organizer, and shift the "Meet" to a Denny's/I-Hop or some other public place with food. I just changed my "Maybe" to a "Yes" response, and then checked my E-Mail to find it was cancelled. I am open to other options, since I live in North County, I have to plan my San Diego area trips with full value stops. I wanted to go to "Rockler" in Claremont Mesa, and make a stop at "Game Towne" this weekend. I'll check back tomorrow and see what the masses decide. From Mad Douglas (Mongo)
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

That would be cool. Might be too late since he just sent out that cancelling E-mail. The RPG-SanDiego has it's own meetup...which was last month at Fiesta Island for a bon fire. Keep hanging around. There is actually a lot of GURP folks on this site. maybe Nick could also post his next meet up here.
PrinceOM
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by PrinceOM »

If yoru itnerested about joining games. UCSD has started a role playing games club. It's wednesday nights from 7-10. We use to play board games and hook people up with games to play in or GM. So if you wanna stop by someitme feel free to do so. It doesn't start yet since the quarter hasn't but it will in a week or 2. Keep an eye for a post by snshijuptr. She'll help you find it.
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Thats really cool info PrinceOM

thnx
Skyman
Skyman
Proud Regent

Post by Skyman »

Ok apparently Mongo has changed this guys mind and he's having the get meet up!

What: BBQ lunch

When: Saturday, September 16 at 11:00AM

Who: At least 3 Role Playing Gamers

Where: Admiral Baker Golf Course
2400 Admiral Baker Rd San Diego, CA
San Diego CA 92120
619-556-5521
Voluntary payment: $5.00 for food/fees.

Event Description:
This will be an opportunity for members to meet and decide what
games they want to get involved in. The menu will be burgers,
hot dogs, and chicken sandwiches. Feel free to bring a side
item like chips, potato salad, etc.
mongo

No One there but me and my truck!

Post by mongo »

:mad: Well I should have known better. I received the cancellation notice one day, sent a private E-Mail to the organizer the next day, and received a reminder E-Mail on Friday about the BBQ. I drove from Escondido to just off the 15 Fwy @ Friars Road, found the picnic/BBQ location, but no gamers. Since I was already there, I waited over half an hour, ( I walked around and, through, hordes of Boy Scoutlings and found no one from the "Meet Up" group. Do you know how hard it is to get squished Scoutling off your boots?), and left. The day wasn't a total loss. I went to "Rockler", and "Game Empire" in Claremont Mesa, then to "Game Towne" in Old Town, and then up to Vista for a stop at "Pair-a-Dice Games". The $5.00 BBQ would have saved me more money though, and left me with a less sore kiester. Anybody else want to sell me a bridge, or some slightly wet soil in San Diego? From Mad Douglas (Mongo).