Vista player looking to play

Seeking players or a GM?
Barrier Peaks

Post by Barrier Peaks »

Greets, folks. I'm new hereabouts, but it seems like a good place to start.

I'm hoping to find a local game to participate in, possibly bringing my wife along to play as well (she was gaming before we met, so it's not my fault!). I'm more interested in playing, though (given time) I might be convinced to run a game..

I'm not really looking for a game using any specific system, though my current tastes are geared towards d20-based systems (D&D 3.5, Star Wars d20, and d20 Modern). I'm a big fan of FFG's "Midnight" campaign setting. I also have experience with Cyberpunk 2020, Call of Cthulhu, WoD/Storyteller, Alternity, GURPS, Blue Planet, Chill. I've been playing and GMing RPGs for about 15-16 years.

I like a balanced kind of play, with equal portions of role-playing, character development, combat/action, puzzles, and story-telling. I love character-driven games, where the actions that the PCs take, as well as their back-stories (ie, pre-game histories), have a tangible effect on the game environment.

I'm not a big fan of powergaming. I understand that a certain amount of twinking is inevitable, but I'm quite wary of characters and campaigns that take such things to an extreme. My motto is, "Just because you can, doesn't mean that you should."

My current schedule is open, more or less. I'd prefer a group that meets every two weeks, as weekly sessions are hard to commit to. I work standard hours, and get home around 5pm or so M - F. Give me an hour to shake off the day and I'm good to go on weeknights (depending on the commute). My weekends are more or less open, though I do attend a weekend-long reenactment about once a month.

I'm willing to drive up to 20-30 miles, so long as the game is to my liking. That, of course, is the trick, eh? Please note that I prefer to meet folks before we actually start rolling dice; it's a good way to see if we're all compatible and on the same page.

If you're looking for a player (or players), please contact me and give me the details.

BP