Star Trek RPG

Seeking players or a GM?
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Star Trek RPG

Post by JALU3 »

Is there by chance a Star Trek RPG that is in need for a new player?
"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
DeviantArt Our Myspace WoW AMV Playlist MAL Support US Servicemembers
Digital_Boy
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Digital_Boy »

not a star trek game, but I do run a GURPS Traveller Interstellar Wars game with a group of 5 total. We also cycle through a set of GURPS Banestorm campaigns that the other players run as well.

Mine is not a 100% by the book Traveller IW game, since a lot of the assumptions about technology and their social impact on society were much much different in the early 70's when the original Traveller game came out. I try to strike a balance between a somewhat cinematic campaign while keeping the science and technology believable and realistic.
Uber_snotling
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by Uber_snotling »

errr...Maybe.

There is a regular gaming group that just did a one-shot and is considering running Star Trek on an alternating schedule with a Warhammer game.

The system being run for Star Trek is SotC-Federation, which worked pretty well on the one shot.

PM me and I can give you some details.
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

[quote="Uber_snotling"]
PM me and I can give you some details.[/quote]

And sent.

Can you tell me about that system I have never heard of it before.

"The Federation needs men like you, doctor. Men of conscience. Men of principle. Men who can sleep at night... You're also the reason Section Thirty-one exists -- someone has to protect men like you from a universe that doesn't share your sense of right and wrong." -Sloan, Section Thirty-One
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

Thanks Uber for the invite, sorry me schedule doesn't work out. Well since that fell through would there by anyone interested in a Wednesday Game at Southwestern College in the South Bay Area? The have a student center we could use ...
JALU3
One-Armed Skeleton

Post by JALU3 »

OK, I have signed up for meetup.com where I see many of you have joined multiple groups there as well. As posted there, I would be willing to run a south san diego (South of I-8) Star Trek RPG, using the LUG rules, if I got enough interest. I have been wanting to run a Pre-DW/Post-DW game for a while. Just haven't found a good crew/players, to do it.

I have MOndays and Tuesdays off, but don't really have a place to host it.
cczernia

Post by cczernia »

[quote="JALU3"]OK, I have signed up for meetup.com where I see many of you have joined multiple groups there as well. As posted there, I would be willing to run a south san diego (South of I-8) Star Trek RPG, using the LUG rules, if I got enough interest. I have been wanting to run a Pre-DW/Post-DW game for a while. Just haven't found a good crew/players, to do it.

I have MOndays and Tuesdays off, but don't really have a place to host it.[/quote]

You might try running a oneshot (either through meetup) or on the oneshots forum. That way you can meet some people who are interested and get them playing. From there you could launch a campaign.

constraints breed creativity
Chris Czerniak
RPG San Diego meetup